TWRP one of the most popular custom recovery for Android devices and used by users all over the world to modify some aspects of the system. Usually, TWRP becomes available immediately after the release of a phone, but this has not been the case with the Galaxy S10. It took almost two months for the phones to enjoy personalized recovery, but now finally available. A recent update added two new versions of TWRP, for the Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus (only for the Exynos variant).
TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus
Before going to the procedure to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, let's briefly mention why it is useful to install a custom recovery on Android devices.
What is TWRP Recovery 3.3.0-0
TWRP one of the most popular custom recovery for Android phones. One good reason for this popularity is that developers frequently add new devices to their already huge database of phones.
TWRP Recovery allows you to customize the firmware of your phone by installing ROMs, kernels and various custom mods. It also makes it possible to improve the speed of phones and reduce battery usage, thanks to its ability to customize flash kernels and files that change the way the CPU behaves.
This version of TWRP compatible only with Exynos variants of Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus. Do not try to flash any file that you find in this guide also for the Galaxy S10e or in the Snapdragon variants. If you try the method described below on your Snapdragon device, you can damage it, so make sure you absolutely know the model of your phone and the type of chipset it has. If you don't know if your phone has an Exynos or Snapdragon chipset, you can use one of the many apps on the Play Store, such as CPU-Z.
In addition, it is important to remember that installing a custom recovery will trigger the KNOX and invalidate the warranty in some countries. As a result, some security apps like Secure Folder, S Health and Samsung Pay will no longer work. We are not responsible for damaging or blocking your device.
Here are some things to do before proceeding with the guide.
- Make sure your phone is at least 60% charged. It ensures that the phone does not accidentally shut down during the process.
- Go up Settings> Developer options is active USB debugging is unlock OEM. This is very important.
- Download and install i USB driver appropriate for Galaxy S10 is Galaxy S10 Plus. If you don't have the correct drivers, your computer won't recognize your phone, so download them from the previous links.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus
- Hold the power button and select Turn off.
- When the phone is off, press and hold the keys simultaneously Volume gi + Bixby + Power to enter the download mode. Press the button once more Volume s to confirm access to the download mode.
- Once the phone is in download mode, connect the phone to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Starts Odin on your computer. The box ID: COM in Odin it will turn blue. This means that the computer has recognized the device.
- Click on AP and select "TWRP-3.3.0-0-beyond1lte.img.tar"If you have a Galaxy S10 or "TWRP-3.3.0-0-beyond2lte.img.tar"If you have a Galaxy S10 Plus. Make sure you select the correct variant designed for your device, otherwise you may damage the phone.
- Once you've selected the file, make sure Auto Reboot is F. Reset Time are selected.
- Click on install. This flasher the file.
The installation process will take a few seconds. When the process is finished and the phone will automatically restart. TWRP now installed on your phone. To access it, turn off the phone and hold the button Volume up + Power + Bixby.