The hardware components are not immune to damage, the device can fall or give it to a child, a small distraction and in the fall that some component can break. Apple's iDevices don't have many buttons, volume keys, Home button and Power button, each with its own function and importance, but sometimes the power button will break and you can't turn on the device without going through some complex steps. In this article we want to help you activate an iPhone if the power button is broken, although there are other ways to turn on the iPhone.
How to activate an iPhone if the power button is broken
Of course, the advice is to have the power button repaired in an Apple service center, in case it is not possible to do it in a short time, in the meantime let's see how to turn on the uniPhone using a quick and temporary solution.
Turn on iPhone if the power button is broken
The first requirement if your iPhone has a broken button, to turn it on to use the data it contains. If you don't know how to do it, let's see the simple procedure to turn it on:
- Connect the USB cable to your iPhone.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the PC or to any other power source.
- It will take a couple of minutes for your iPhone to turn on.
- You will see the Swipe with the option to unlock.
- Now swipe to unlock the phone.
Use AssistiveTouch to replace the power button:
Once iPhone is turned on, you will need to lock or turn it off, but if the button is broken, this seems impossible. It exists for a method integrated in the iOS system that allows you to simulate the power button and beyond. Let's find out how:
- After turning on your iPhone go up Settings.
- Choose General> Accessibility.
- Scroll down to the option AssistiveTouch and activate it.
- Now you will see a gray white icon, which can be moved or placed anywhere.
- Now every time you want to lock your iPhone, just click on it.
- Cliccasull'opzione Device and you will see the option Screen lock, click above to lock the device.
- Now use the Home button to wake up the device and Swipe to unlock.
- From the option Screen lock, you can also turn off the device.
As we said, if the ignition button is broken this is a temporary solution, because every time the device should turn off because the battery has run out, it is necessary to repeat the whole process again.