If you don't have an Android smartphone or don't like to play on your Android phone, even if you are a fan of Android games, here is a solution for you. In this article, we have created 3 best ways to play Android games on Windows-based PC or Mac with the help of popular emulators and the most popular browser, Google Chrome. So, without further ado, let's get started.
Note: This solution also works in case you are trying to run a high-end game on your Android device with modest specifications, but it continues to hang on you.
3 best ways to play Android games on PC and Mac:
Play Android games on PC using BlueStacks
BlueStacks is without doubt the most popular Android emulator on the market. And also the simplest to configure. It offers a number of features such as cloud connection and SMS synchronization, as well as the ability to download apps and games from three different stores.
- Download BlueStacks App Player (cloud.BlueStacks.com/api/getdownload?platform=win)
- Go through the standard installation procedure
- Once installed, launch BlueStacks
- You will be greeted from the main screen
- Set up your Google Account by clicking on 1-Click Sync setup on the My Apps page
- Follow the standard login procedure to connect your Google account
- Once done, click the search button on the My Apps page to find the game you want to download
- You will be asked to select the store from which you want to download the app
- Once you have selected the store of your choice, you will be directed to the download page of the game
- Install the app
- It will now be there on your my apps page
- Click on it to run it
- The game will start now
Compatibility: Windows XP (32 bit only), Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1
Play Android games on PC using GenyMotion
While a lesser-known Android emulator, GenyMotion very popular in the Android Dev community, for the performance it offers. This doesn't mean you have to be an Android developer to take advantage of GenyMotion, it doesn't take too long to set it up.
- Go to the GenyMotion website (GenyMotion.com)
- Register for an account and verify it.
- Once verified, log in
- Now go to the download page (GenyMotion.com/download)
- Make sure you don't click Get GenyMotion without VirtualBox
- Once downloaded, follow the rather standard installation procedure
- Once GenyMotion is installed, run it
- Log in using your GenyMotion account
- Click + to add an Android device
- Download a version of your choice (In this case I chose a Nexus 9)
- Once downloaded and distributed correctly, you will find it under the list of your virtual devices
- Select it and click the Play button
- Wait for the device to restart.
- Once the device is running, use Windows Explorer to locate the path where the Android app is installed
- Drag and drop the .apk file into the GenyMotion window.
- The "File transfer in progress" prompt will appear
- Once the game has been transferred, it will run automatically
- And now you can play your favorite game from the comfort of your PC
Genymotion compatible with the following platforms:
- Windows: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.8 (64 bit) or newer
- Linux: Ubuntu 12.04 (32/64 bit) or newer, or Debian 7 (64 bit) or newer
Play Android games on PC using Google Chrome
During Google I / O 2014, Google announced that it was bringing Android apps to Chrome OS in an attempt to unify the two platforms. While this was good news only for Chromebook owners, until this year, when Google launched Arc Welder. Arc Welder an app that you can install on your Chrome browser and then run Android apps directly on Chrome. What makes the Arc welder unzip the .apk file that an app for Android and convert it entirely into a Chrome extension that can be run on Google Chrome
- Install Google Chrome first
- Go to the Chrome Webstore and install Arc Welder
- Note: the page indicates that the download size is 11 MB, but the actual download size is around 150 MB, so be patient while downloading
- Once downloaded, launch the app
- You will need to choose a directory where Arc Welder can store your apps
- Once done, click + to add your .apk file
- Customize orientation etc. Consequently
- Your Android game will start now
Note: You can only install one app at a time using Arc Welder, therefore, to test other apps, uninstall the installed apps.
Although all three of the above methods provide an alternative to an Android physical device, the performance and experience offered by real hardware will always be better than the emulators. Additionally, Android games are designed for touchscreen and PC-based devices that use mouse and keyboard for input, so it can sometimes be difficult to get the correct controls, especially on multi-touch games