Google released Android 7.0 Nougat, the latest version of its mobile operating system, last August. As with any update, smartphone manufacturers are slow to release updates to the latest version of Android for their products. Generally the first updates start to appear after about 3/4 months from the official release. These are also the timing for this year's updates to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you own the Umi Plus smartphone, in this guide I would like to show you how to update Umi Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Umi a company that tends to market smartphones with a stock operating system. For this reason, the experience of using Android 7.0 Nougat on Umi Plus is very close to that found on Google's Nexus. In the new update of Umi Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat there are no pre-installed apps other than the classic Google apps. This allows you to have a responsive device and free from unnecessary apps. If you want to know how to upgrade, here is the guide on how to update Umi Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Update Umi Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat
In order to update this smartphone, you need to have a PC with Windows installed. If you don't have the possibility to use a Windows PC, you won't be able to update Umi Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat through this guide. Here is all you need.
- A PC with Windows installed.
- The update file for Umi Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat: Download link
- The tool SP Flash Tool necessary to perform the update: Link Download
- THE VCOM driver useful for recognizing the smartphone on the PC: Link Download
Before proceeding with this guide, be sure to make a backup copy of all your data. At the end of the procedure, all the files and apps present may no longer be present in the memory of your device.
Updating Umi Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat is a very simple operation. You have to be careful during the whole process, as you always run the risk of compromising your smartphone irreparably. Here is the guide on how to update your device to Android 7.0 Nougat.
- First install the VCOM drivers downloaded in the previous section. To do this, simply extract the archive MT65x3 USB VCOM drivers.zip and then start the executable InstallDriver.exe or InstallDriver64.exe depending on whether your PC is 32bit or 64 bit. If in doubt, I suggest you try the 64bit version.
- After the driver installation is complete, start the program SP Flash Tool. To do this, extract the archive SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1648.rar and start the executable flash_tool.exe.
- Now I loosened the archive 20161228_c239v55_kw_u3.rar containing the firmware to be installed on your device.
- Dallapp SP Flash Tool select the button Scatter-loading and open the file MT6755_Android_scatter.txt present in the folder 20161228_c239v55_kw_u3 previously extracted.
- Make sure that the item is selected in the drop-down menu on the left Firmware Upgrade. If not, select it. This fundamental operation in order not to lose the IMEI code of your smartphone.
- Turn off your smartphone completely without connecting it to your PC.
- In SP Flash Tool select the button Download.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC and hold down the button Power until the installation process starts (you will see red bars at the bottom).
Now don't touch anything and wait for all the operations to be completed. When a screen with a green circle and a check mark appears, you can disconnect the device and turn it on.
If you have performed all the operations correctly, you will have completed the Umi Plus update to Android 7.0 Nougat. The first firing after the flash may take longer than expected. all normal, don't worry.
Perform all the configuration procedures and start using your smartphone with the latest Google operating system. If you encounter problems during the installation phase, do not hesitate to contact us via the comments section at the end of this article.