The Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have recently been updated to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you have not yet updated your device to this version of Android, you can do it by following our guide for S7 and the guide for S7 Edge. The new firmware has a lot of news and Samsung managed to update the phones from top to bottom. The new firmware brings a new and updated interface. graphics. You will find new icons and also new backgrounds to be applied to your smartphone. The application of the settings has been renewed. The call interface was rebuilt from scratch. There are improvements in performance and battery life. The new firmware started to arrive on the devices through the OTA update, or through the manual flash of the firmware (the method proposed by our guides).
Once you have upgraded your phone to Android Nougat, if you had the Root and TWRP recovery permissions on the device, you will lose them relentlessly. For advanced Android users, install TWRP recovery and have access to the essential root. If you are an expert Android user, the first thing you want to do on your phone after updating to Nougat, will be to get the Galaxy S7 root permissions with Android 7.0 Nougat and install TWRP recovery. In this guide you will also find the files to get root permissions and install TWRP on the Galaxy S7 Edge.
I have just updated my phone and I have had the opportunity to flash the TWRP recovery. After installing the recovery, I tried to unlock the rooted method that described below worked without problems. The method to get the Galaxy S7 Root Permissions with Android 7.0 Nougat and install the custom recovery still the same used with Android Marshmallow. If you don't know how to do it, in this guide we will see the steps on how to get the Galaxy S7 Root Permissions with Android 7.0 Nougat in a few minutes.
Galaxy S7 root permissions with Android 7.0 Nougat and install TWRPRecovery
How to prepare the device
- Recharge your Galaxy S7 at least up to 50%. This way you will avoid power problems during the installation process. Check the model number of your device carefully by going into Settings> Other / General> Device info.
- Enable OEM unlock and also enable USB debugging mode on the phone. Find these options in the sectionDeveloper options, which you can activate by clicking 7 times on the itemInfo BuildinSettings> Device info.
- Get a microSD card as you will need to copy the file over it SuperSU.zip.
- Back up your contacts, messages and all your documents and apps. Make sure you have performed a full backup, as this procedure will completely format your device.
- Make sure that the Samsung Kies tool (if installed on your PC) is not running during this process.
- Use an original data cable (if available) to establish the connection between your PC and phone.
- Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap during the flash process.
What to download and install
- Download and install Samsung USB Driver on your PC. Download from this link.
- Download and extract Odin 3.12 on your PC. You can find it at this link.
- Download the file TWRP Recovery.tar paying attention to the model of your device.
- TWRP recovery for Galaxy S7 SM-G930F / FD / X / W8: Download
- TWRP recovery for Galaxy S7 SM-G930S / K / L: Download
- TWRP recovery for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F / FD / X / W8: Download
- TWRP recovery for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935S / K / L: Download
Download the SuperSU.zip file and copy it to the phone's external SD card. If you don't have an external SD card, you need to copy it to the internal memory after installing the TWRP Recovery.
Download the filedm-verity.zipe copy it to the external SD card. Alternatively, you can also copy both files to an OTG key, if you have one.
- Open the file Odin3.exe found among the Odin files downloaded and extracted previously.
- Put your Galaxy S7 into download mode. To do this, turn off the phone first. Now turn it on by holding down Volume Gi + Power button + Home. As soon as it starts, the device shows a download screen. Now I released the keys.
- Connect the phone to the PC. Odin should show a message, "Added?In the log and it also shows a blue light in the box ID: COM. We will verify the correct connection between the phone and the PC.
- Click on the "AP?Of Odin and select the file TWRP Recovery.img.tarmaking sure to download the right file that corresponds to your device model.
- The option with the Spin Odin should only be "F. Reset Time". Make sure the option Auto-Reboot not selected, because we don't want to restart the phone after flashing TWRP Recovery.
- After selecting the file and carefully checking / deselecting the options, press the start button. Odin flasherTWRP Recovery and I will show you the PASS message in minutes.
- Once done, disconnect your device from your PC.
- Now you need to boot the phone directly into TWRP Recovery. Turn the phone off completely and then turn it on while holding down the keysVolume Up + Home + Power button. The phone should successfully boot into the newly installed custom cover.
- TWRP will ask you if you want to allow changes or not. You will need to swipe your finger to the right to enable the changes. Swiping your finger to the right will activate dm-verity.
- Now go inWipe> Format Data> type yes to format the smartphone. This is an important aspect to disable encryption. This step will restore the phone to the factory data, so make sure you have backed up all the data.
- Now go back to the main menu of the TWRP Recovery and select ?Reboot> Recovery". Again the phone will reboot into TWRP.
- Now make sure you've copied the file SuperSU.zip isdm-verity.zip on the external SD card or on a USB OTG pendrive. If you have not transferred both of these files to the external SD card, you can now use the MTP mode of the TWRP to do so. Once you have transferred the files, click on ?install, locate the fileSuperSU.zip to the location where it was copied and confirm the flash file.
- Once again click on ?install, locate the file dm-verity.zipand flash.
- Once you have flashed the files, restart your phone.
all. You have just obtained Galaxy S7 Root Permissions with Android 7.0 Nougat and installed TWRP recovery.
Don't forget to back up the EFS partition and also create a Nandroid backup. Now is the time to unleash the true power of your Galaxy S7. I hope this guide has proved fruitful for you. Let us know if everything went smoothly for you, or you have encountered problems.