Wondershare PDFelement a program that allows you to create, edit and convert pdfs to and from other popular document and image formats.PDFelement offers many professional-level tools essential to better manage your documents. The main functions that the program offers, like other programs in the category, are those for creating PDFs, editing PDFs and converting PDFs.To enrich the potential of the program there is in addition the possibility of creating customized forms in pdf and the possibility of optical character recognition (OCR), even if the latter only as an additional paid module.
Let's see in detail the main features of the program:
- EditProbably the most useful feature is used as it allows you to edit the text, layout and existing PDF forms.
- OCRthanks to the OCR plugin the texts, numbers and images of the pdf files are detected and it is possible to make the documents scanned and converted into pdf with PDFelement editable, selectable and searchable without changing the layout of the scanned document. The languages ??supported by the OCR plugin are: English, Simplified Chinese, Romanian, Japanese, Bulgarian, Russian, Portuguese, Catalan, Korean, German, Croatian, Polish, Spanish, Czech, Turkish, French, Greek, Ukrainian, Thai, Italian, Dutch , Traditional Chinese, Slovak.
- Convert & Createwith this function it is possible to convert pdf to other popular document and image formats (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint files; EPUB, BMP, JPG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, TXT, HTML, RTF, HWP and HWPX) and create from Word, Excel, Powerpoint documents, etc. pdf documents preserving the formatting of the original document.
- Formsthis section is very useful when creating PDF to insert fillable forms, selectable lists, items with drop-down or list menus, items with check mark, etc.
Other features provided by the program are: Annotate: to create notes on PDF, highlight, underline and create personalized stamps. Protect with Password: to enter a password to prevent unauthorized modification and access of PDFs. Digital Signature: to create signatures personalized encrypted digital files to use to sign your PDF documents. Extract Merge and Divide: to extract specific pages from the PDF fie or merge multiple pdf files into a single file or divide a PDF file into multiple files. Headers and Footers; Insert and Replace, to insert or replace pages from other PDF documents; watermark, Bates Numbering, to organize pages in PDF; optimize, to reduce the size of the PDF file to facilitate sharing; bookmarks; Hypertext links; wheel.
The Desktop version of PDFelement currently localized in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Dutch; unfortunately still not available in Italian, while in the OCR recognition present.
At the moment PDFelement available for operating systems Windows, Mac and iOS.
To use all the features you need to purchase a license, the trial version instead it has some limitations:
- When a pdf file is modified and saved, a watermark is inserted.
- Conversion to other formats limited to 5 times and only 2 pages per conversion.
- The OCR function is not available.