Good news for all users who wish to make aGalaxy S5 Mini update. The official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for this device has finally been released. Samsung has kept its promise update S5 Minito Android Marshmallow. However, we don't expect the device to be updated with every further version of Android. Android Marshmallow is expected to be the latest official update of the S5 Mini. If the phone has so far turned with Android Lollipop, it's time to think of a Galaxy S5 Miniad Android 6.0.1 update and enjoy all the new UI changes and changes to the operating system.
The new Marshmallow firmware will give your device an increase in performance. You will find the firmware even more stable and you will find the battery of the mobile phone that lasts a little longer. As for the user interface, there are some minor tweaks on parts of the application icons and new icons introduced in the status bar. You will also find some new colorsThe official firmware is gradually arriving on many devices, but not available for all variants of the Galaxy S5 Mini. You can check for OTA updates by going to Settings> device updates> software. If you are not lucky enough to find the OTA Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update, then you will have to go to a manual method to perform the S5 Mini update. In this case, this guide will be fruitful. By continuing to read, you will come across a complete method that will show you how to make Galaxy S5 Miniad Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update.
Galaxy S5 Mini update to Android 6.0.1: how to prepare
- Make sure the device is exactly the version SM-G800H. To check the model of your device, go to Settings> Other / General> Device info or Settings> Device info and compare the model number. Pay attention to the model number of the device, flashing a file on a different device, could compromise the functionality of the smartphone. If so, we cannot be held responsible.
- The device battery must not be discharged. In the event that the device's battery runs out during the installation process, you may lose all data.
- Always use the original data cable to establish a connection between the Android device and the computer / notebook. Using non-original cables could cause the flashing process to interrupt.
- Back up all data first.
- Backup of messages and SMS
- Backup of phone calls
- Contacts backup
- Backup media – Copy files manually to your PC or laptop.
- Backup EFS – If it has root permissions, otherwise skip this step.
- Make sure Samsung Kies is closed while using Odin3. Samsung Kies will stop Odin3 and cause errors by not allowing you to flash the firmware. Also, be sure to disable any antivirus software you have installed and also disable the firewall to avoid any connection.
S5 mini: Downloads and files to install
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6 on the PC.
- Download the firmware according to your device: SM-G800H
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the file .tar.md5.
Guide for updating S5 Mini to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Make sure you've followed the instructions listed above and get ready to move on.
- Clean the device completely in order to have a clean installation. To do this, boot the system into recovery modeand run a factory data reset.
- You open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy S5 Mini into download mode. To do this, turn it off and wait 10 seconds. Turn it on while holding down simultaneously Volume Gi + Home button + power button, you should see a warning message, press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect the device to the PC.
- As soon as Odin detects the phone, the box ID: COM turns blue. Make sure you have installedSamsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For versions of Odin 3.09 or 3.10.6 click on the tab AP. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tarthat was previously downloaded and checked out.
- If you are using Odin 3.07, select the "PDA?Instead of the card AP, the rest of the options remain the same. Make sure the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the photo.
- Click on Startand wait for the firmware flash to complete, when the process window turns green the process can be considered successfully completed.
- Once the flash process is complete, disconnect the device and restart it manually.
- Once the device turns on, check the new firmware.
Now running Android 6.0.1 official Marshmallow device.Once the S5 Mini upgrade procedure to Android 6.0.1 has been carried out, do not try to downgrade to the previous version, otherwise you can ruin the device's EFS partition. For any clarification do not hesitate to ask for information through the comments.