Android 7.1 Nougat available for the Galaxy Note 3. No, we are not talking about the Android Nougat officer. Firmware available unofficially via the CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM. Samsung has released update Notes 3 only up to Android Lollipop. Since then, the device has not gotten any further official version of Android, other than those released by custom ROM developers. CyanogenMod 14, distributor of Android Nougatmodified available for many Android smartphones and now also for the Galaxy Note 3. In this guide we will see how to do it update Notes 3 N9005 to Android 7.1 Nougat.
The ROM currently available in alpha development. If you are passionate about custom ROMs and want to flash it on your Note 3, keep in mind that this ROM may have some bugs. Custom ROMs are always bearers of some bugs. Experienced Android users know perfectly how to install custom ROMs, but for those less experienced, here we have prepared a complete guide on how to do itNote 3 N9005 update to Android 7.1 Nougat with CM 14.
Note 3 update to Android 7.1 Nougat
- This ROM for the Galaxy Note 3 N9005. Do not try to flash this ROM on any other device or other version of Note 3, otherwise you could permanently compromise it. Check the model number of your device in Settings> About device.
- Charge your phone at least 50% to avoid any power problems during the flash process.
- You need to flash a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 3.
- Back up all your data, including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don't forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can restore your previous system, in case something goes wrong.
- Back up your EFS partition in case it gets corrupt.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
Update Note 3 to Nougat: the guide
- Download the latest CM 14.zip file compatible with your device:
- Connect the phone to the PC.
- Copy all the zip files to your phone (to external storage if available).
- Now unplug your phone and turn it off completely.
- Boot the device into TWRP Recovery. To perfect it, turn it on while holding down Volume Up + Home button + Power button. You will immediately see your phone in recovery mode.
- Now, in TWRP Recovery clean up the cache by selecting factory data reset and advanced options> dalvik cache.
- After cleaning, select the "install".
- Now select "install zip", select the file cm 14,0 ?? .ziptransferred previously and finally click onYes.
- This flasherla ROM in the phone. Once done, return to the main inrecovery menu.
- Now once again select "install", Please selectGapps.zipand then clickYes.
- This step allows you to flash the file gapps on the phone.
- Reboot your device.
In short, watch Android 7.0 NougatCM 14.0 running on your device.The process completed and if you have faithfully performed all the steps, you will end up with Nougat on your Galaxy Note 3.
In order to allow root access on this ROM, goin Settings> About device> tap the build number 7 times. We will activate Developer Options in the Settings. Now open the developer options and allow root access.
The first start may take up to 10 minutes, don't worry if it's taking longer. In case the process is taking too long, you can reboot the phone in TWRP Recovery and clean the Dalvik cache and cache. Then reboot your device and this may solve the problem. In case you find that the device is having problems after installing the modified ROM, you can go back to your old system using the Nandroid backup.