When Xiaomi announced the Mi Box, launch with Android Nougat was expected. While this did not happen, it was expected that there would soon be an OTA update available for the Android TV box. Now, finally, some users have seen beta versions of Nougat being pushed onto their Android TVs. So if you have not received any notification regarding Android Nougat for your Mi Box, don't worry. In this article I will tell you how you can load the sideload file update Mi Box on Android Nougat:
Install Nougat on Mi Box
The update file that brings Android Nougat to the Mi Box fortunately available for free download. Before you can update your Mi Box, you must first download the "update.zip" file from here and then copy it to a USB stick . After doing so, you can proceed to install the update on your Mi Box. Simply follow the steps below:
- First of all, activate the Mi box is connect the USB drive . Once Mi Box detects that the unit has been connected, disconnect the Mi Box from the power supply.
- So on the Mi Box remote, press and hold the "Back" and "Ok" buttons, then connect the Mi Box to the power supply.
- Mi Box will start in recovery mode . In the menu, use the remote control to select the " Apply update from EXT ".
- Then select " Update from udisk ".
- You will be able to see all the files inside the USB stick, just select "Update.zip"
- Mi Box will then begin to install the update.
- Once the update is installed, select " Reboot your system now ".
Changes in Android Nougat
When your Mi Box starts up, you will run Android Nougat. Since this is not the stable version, there may be some bugs and problems. However, there was no news that something important had been violated. There aren't even many changes in this version of the beta version of Android Nougat for Mi Box. Here are a couple of the changes you will see:
- The settings page has been renewed and now follows the style that Android Nougat has brought to mobile devices. However, it doesn't make good use of the real estate screen on a large TV screen, which is strange. Maybe they'll fix it in upcoming builds.
- Users now have the ability to customize the HDMI-CEC settings from the Settings page.
- Live channels also have Picture-in-Picture mode with the new update.
Things don't work in Android Nougat TV Beta:
- HDR doesn't work in Netflix.
- Automatic change of refresh rate also does not work.
Easily update your Mi Box on Android Nougat
If you're like me, and can't wait to get your hands on the latest updates, you probably don't want to wait for the update to install on your Mi Box. Well, with these instructions you can easily install the beta build of Android Nougat on your Mi Box, and go and explore all the new features of the (still) unpublished Android Nougat for Xiaomi Mi Box. There are a few new things to explore, but there are also some bugs, so make sure you know what you are doing before installing beta builds on your Mi Box.
So, have you already updated your Mi Box on Android Nougat? Are you going to sideload the update file, or are you waiting for an official release of Android Nougat? Also, let us know your thoughts on the new beta version of Android Nougat for Mi Box, in the comments section below.