Huawei / Honor has become a relevant company in the Android smartphone market. In recent years, it has significantly improved its line of devices. If you are considering buying a new Android smartphone, certainly a Huawei product will have to be on your list. The latest phones such as Huawei P30 have further strengthened the company's presence also in the Italian market. As well as other manufacturers, Huawei also offers the support page dedicated to all its smartphones, from which you can download USB drivers, stock firmware and other files related to the many Huawei devices. If you own one of the smartphones of this manufacturer, by continuing to read, you will be able to see how to download and install stock firmware on Huawei smartphones.
Install stock firmware on Huawei / Honor smartphones
If you recently installed a custom ROM, obtained root permissions or made changes to your Huawei smartphone and now you would like to return to the original firmware, this guide is the one for you. Among the different alternatives available to you to clean up your smartphone from any type of modification, the best is to install an official firmware by downloading it from the official Huawei support page.
Performing a firmware installation on a Huawei device is a very simple operation. Forget all the procedures to be performed via PC on smartphones from other manufacturers. All that you will be asked to select the firmware suitable for your device, transfer it to the external memory as an SD card of the smartphone and start the installation procedure.
If you don't know how to do it, don't worry. In this guide I will show you step by step how to install stock firmware on Huawei / Honor smartphones. Installing a stock firmware will not only eliminate any type of modification such as root permissions, but will perform a reset of the phone and bring it to the factory state. Through this procedure you can also solve various problems such as a phone soft-brick.
Before proceeding, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Make sure your smartphone is at least 50% charged.
- Make a backup of all your data. You can do this by following this guide.
- This procedure will not void the device warranty.
After making sure that you have met all the requirements, you can proceed with the execution of this guide. Remember that all data will be deleted from your smartphone, so it is a good idea to make a full backup of it.
Install stock firmware
- First, access your Huawei support page from your browser, search for your smartphone and download the firmware you want to install on your computer.
- Extract the file you just downloaded. Among the extracted files look for the one named UPDATE.APP.
- Now connect your smartphone to your PC.
- In the external memory of the Huawei device create a folder and rename it dload.
- Transfer the file UPDATE.APP inside the folder dload just created.
- After the transfer is complete, disconnect the smartphone from the PC and turn it off.
- While the smartphone is turned off, simultaneously hold down the keys Volume Up + Volume Gi + Power.
- The smartphone will start and automatically start the stock firmware installation process.
Wait for the entire procedure to complete without touching the smartphone. At the end, the new firmware will be installed correctly and the operating system will start automatically.
If you've done this guide literally, you will have been able to install stock firmware on Huawei smartphones. You can use this guide on all Huawei devices that have Android as the operating system. This method will also install Huawei's original recovery. If there are any doubts and you want clarifications, leave a comment at the end of this article.