The times when you needed to make an extended backup copy of the entire ROM on your device, save it on the internal memory or on Micro-SD, taking up useful space for other more important data, are over. With the TWRP Recovery 3.1 update, users will now be able to run TWRP Backup to PC via ADB applications and data directly to your computer to save space on your phone.
For the uninitiated, ADB (Android Debug Bridge) a command line tool that allows you to access each nick of the Android phone through a command line. It is a very powerful tool, and the last one TWRP 3.1 update has included support for ADB which allows you to do TWRP Backup (nandroid) directly on your PC.
Below we offer a practical guide to do TWRP Backup on PC via ADB. Follow the step-by-step guide and you will have the backup directly on the PC, without taking up space on the mobile device.
How to do TWRP Backup on PC through ADB
- Configure ADB on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your Android device to your PC via USB.
- Enable the Developer options on the device to do this: Go to Settings Info on the phone.Click 7 times on the Bild number until it says you are a developerDeveloper Options setting, tax USB debugging on.
- Reboot the device into TWRP Recovery.
- On your PC, create a new folder where you want to save the TWRP Backup files. You can do it with the commandShift + right click on an empty space inside the folder and select Open command window from the context menu.
- Once the command window opens, type the following command to start TWRP Backup:
adb backup --twrp
7. The graphical interface opens allowing you to choose the partitions from the backup page.
8. Select the partitions you want to include in the backup and then swipe upSwipe tobackup.
9. Wait until the backup process finishes. Once completed, you can disconnect your device from your PC.
How to restore TWRP Backup with ADB
If possible, do TWRP Backup with ADB, of course you can also restore it again directly from the PC via ADB. To do this, do the following:
- Open the command window inside the folder in which TWRP Backup was saved on the PC.
- Boot the device in TWRP Recovery and connect it to the PC via USB.
- Run the following command in the command window:
adb restore --twrp
This is all. You have seen how to recover space on your Android device by saving TWRP Backup on PC via ADB.