Apple does not allow you to create your own mobile devices contact groups on iPhone and iPadand use them to send emails and messages to all group contacts. To do this you need to turn to third-party apps. During the holidays, I asked myself the problem of how to be able to quickly send, from my iPhone, diversified greeting messages to the various groups of people in my contacts. To make the greeting message more effective and personalized, I needed to divide the contacts between friends, business contacts and family members, without this affecting the personal budget.
On the AppStore I found A2Z Contacts, a powerful free contact management application on iOS devices, which also allows you to create contact groups on iPhone to which you can send emails and messages.The app A2Z Contactswhich allows you to create contact groups, has an impressive series of functions to manage emails and messages, which integrate with the contacts on the device, on Gmail, up iCloud, up Facebook and others, as you can see below.
How to create contact groups on iPhone
- When opening the app, you must give your consent to access the contacts you have on your phone.
- At this point you can go from the side menu or from the icon at the bottom to select "Groups".
- By clicking on Groups, you are redirected to the page for managing the "Contact groups", Click on the sign"+?At the top right to create a new group.
- On this page enter the Name of the group, while in the Settings select the A2Z profile and then do "Save". This group will not be synchronized with Gmail. If the group you created uses it only on the iPhone, that's okay.
- If you want the newly created group to be synchronized with Google Gmail, in Settings you have to select the Google profile download another app called Contact Sync.
- Another notice confirms the creation of the new Group. By clicking on ?Yes"Brings you back to the list of your contacts, from where, by simply clicking on the name, you can select the people to insert. Click on "Save?And you will have created your new group.
- To send an e-mail or message to a group, return to the side menu and click on "Send text message"Or"Send email to the group".
Below are all the functions of this App to manage contact groups on the iPhone, which allows you to send e-mails, SMS messages to several people at the same time and also make a Contacts backup.
- View all contacts created in iCloud, CardDAV, Facebook, Exchange, on the mobile device, or any other type of contact.
- Easily find contact with A2Z's powerful search tool and ability to filter groups
- Quickly perform a variety of functions with a simple touch directly from the contact card
- Create contact groups that contain any contact cards taken between Exchange Server and Facebook contacts
- Select to view contacts from one or more groups at the same time
- Add and remove contacts from a particular group
- Add and remove groups from a particular contact
- Create a list of favorites that allows you to quickly recall / message / email those contacts
EMAIL AND GROUP MESSAGES:
- Send messages to groups via iMessage and SMS
- Attach photos and documents
- Assign the to "to / cc / bcc" for each contact individually
- Give your message a personal touch – Automatically refer to each contact by name
- Use email lists to send an email to a group directly from the Mail application
COMPANIES, BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARIES, RECENTLY CREATED AND MODIFIED, CONTACT THE MOST VIEWED:
- Sort contacts by company name
- View upcoming birthdays and anniversaries
- To view recently created and edited contacts
- View the most frequently visited contacts
TO SHARE CONTACTS:
- Share one or more contacts via text message or email
- Create a backup of any contact account
- Restore the backup of any contact account
CLONE CONTACTS AND GROUPS:
- Clone a contact from the contact card screen between all sectors and contact groups
- Clone a group so you don't have to add all group members manually
- Specify whether the application should load your favorite contacts, groups or screens on startup
- Press and hold a contact or group to conveniently perform a number of common functions
PI CONTACT ACCOUNT:
- Selectively view the contacts that belong to each contact account
- Linked contacts are automatically merged into a single contact card
SYNCHRONIZE CONTACTS WITH GOOGLE:
- Fully compatible with the "Contacts Sync For Google Gmail" app so you can sync your iPhone / iPad contact changes Gmail
WORKS WELL WITH OTHER CONTACT APPLICATIONS:
- All changes made in contact with this application will be reflected in any other contact application that queries the iPhone address book (including standard contacts and phone app)
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod, iOS8 and later versions.
- Translated into English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian
This free version ofA2Z Contactsit contains advertising banners, which to be honest are not very intrusive. If you want to remove the banners you need to buy the paid version at the cost of 0.99.