Google Drive, for those unfamiliar with it, an online storage service (in the cloud) made available by Google which, in addition to allowing the storage of data, also offers tools for processing documents and sharing data loaded with it. made available for free on Google Drive of 15GB, space also shared with Gmail and Google+ photos.The steps to be performed are not only very simple but are also very useful to make your account safer from the access of unauthorized people.
First of all, you need to access the section created specifically to check the security settings: Security check
The number of sections on the checks to be carried out it depends on the use you make with your account and they will be proposed in a linear way one after the other, below what you will probably find:
- Check your recovery informationIn this section you will have to enter the useful information to recover the access data.
- Check your recent activitiesThis section is used to check the last accesses and important actions that have occurred to your account.
- Check your account permissionsAll applications, websites, browsers that have been authorized to access Google Account information are displayed here.
- Check your app passwordsHere you will find all the applications that have been given permission to access the Google account without using two-step verification using a special password.
- Check your 2-step verification settingsIn this section you will have to check whether the information entered to use the two-step verification is correct or not, if necessary, if you have not already done so, you will have to activate 2-step verification (To update the settings visit the Two-step verification page) .
Once the verification / activation has been completed for all the sections, if you have done everything correctly you will see the screen as in the photo below: