There Microsoft work is continuing on Windows 8, the next operating system that will have to take the place of Windows 7. To bring the public closer to the new version of Windows, after making available Windows 8 Developer Preview (distributed mainly for developers), now Microsoft gives the possibility to download and install Windows 8 Consumer Preview.With Windows 8 Consumer Preview you will then be able to start moving and to "take hold" with the new operating system.
In fact, for those who have not already installed the developer version, with Windows 8 Consumer Preview will be able to test the new interface Meter.
Probably, as with all the changes, many may find themselves disoriented at the beginning, that's why it would be good to start getting used to and explore the various features, especially for those who want to install Windows 8 as soon as it is available in the final version.
can download Windows 8 Consumer Preview both in format ISO, so you can burn it and install it (or install it directly on a virtual machine), or through the setup program, who will also check the compatibility of applications and peripherals with Windows 8 Consumer Preview and installer Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Of course, the Italian language is not available, below you will find the link to download Windows 8 Consumer Preview in English:
- Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit (x64) (3.3 GB)
- Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview 32-bit (x86) (2.5 GB)
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview Setup
To carry out the installation, use the following activation code: Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J
There Microsoft has provided a tools to copy the installation files ISO on USB or DVD you can download the program (free) from the following link:
As written by Microsoft itself: "Windows 8 Consumer Preview works perfectly with the same hardware that Windows Vista and Windows 7 can run on".
In fact i system requirements in order to try Windows 8 Consumer Preview now they should be within everyone's reach:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1GB (32 bit) or 2GB (64 bit)
- Hard disk space: 16GB (32 bit) or 20GB (64 bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 or higher graphics card
Additional requirements for the use of some features:
- To use touch functionality, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access the Windows Store and download and run applications, you must have an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 × 768 pixels.
- To anchor applications, you must have set a screen resolution of at least 1366 × 768 pixels.