Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are two of the most popular Android phones. Samsung surpassed itself with these devices in 2017. They have managed to incorporate many features, different biometric sensors and the device has a slim and elegant body, with rounded corners for the best ergonomics. Millions of units have been sold and the feedback has been nothing but positive. in this guide we will see how install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
If you have already purchased the brand new Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, you may be looking for ways to expand its capabilities. Of course, the phone has a myriad of features and can do anything you want. But with further changes, such as custom root and recovery, you can take full advantage of the phone. In the following links you can find the guides to get root permissions on S8 and S8 Plus:
LINK | Getting root permissions on Galaxy S8 with CF Auto Root
LINK | Root permissions on Galaxy S8 Plus with CF Auto Root
TeamWin developers have released the first generation of TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. TWRP a customized recovery that replaces the official recovery that you find pre-installed on the phone. It has many more features than the stock one. It can flash custom files, perform system backups, restore backups, flash ROMs and much more. If you want to know how to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, continue reading this guide.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus (Exynos)
The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are available in two variants: one with an Exynos processor and one with a Snapdragon processor. Since Samsung has already released the Exynos source code, TeamWin developers have released TWRP recovery for Exynos variants of the phones.
If you have the international variant of the phone with the Exynos chip, you can go ahead and install TWRP on the phone. If you have the US version with the Snapdragon chip, you have to wait a little longer.
Samsung Galaxy S8 (dreamlte)
Samsung GalaxyS8 Plus (dream2lte)
Preparation and start
Before getting started with the installation process, here are some things you need to watch out for.
- Install Samsung Galaxy S8 USB drivers most recent. It will allow the phone to communicate with your PC.
- Make sure you have at least 60% battery charge. If something goes wrong or the phone hangs, you need to prevent the phone from turning off.
- Enable developer options before doing anything. Go to Settings -> About phone -> About software and quickly tap on the build number multiple times.
- Enable USB debugging. Go to Settings -> Developer Options and click on USB Debugging.
- Enable OEM unlock. Go to Settings -> Developer Options and click on OEM Unlock.
Download the required files
- TWRP Recovery File:
- Latest version of Odin flashing tool (Download)
- Take your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus and turn it off. Once the phone is off, hold down the keys simultaneously Volume Up +Power + Bixby button for a few seconds. This procedure puts the phone into download mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB Type C cable included in the package. If the USB drivers have been installed correctly, you will see that the PC will recognize the phone.
- Unzip the ODIN zip file and open the extracted folder.
- Double-click on the Odin3.exe file to start ODIN.
- Launch Odin. The box ID: COM should be colored blue.
- Now click on the tab AP in the ODIN window and select the TWRP recovery.tar file downloaded for your device.
- Click on the tab Options on Odin and deselect the option Auto Reboot.
- Now click on Start and wait for the TWRP installation process to finish.
The phone will restart automatically. TWRP Recovery 3.1.0-1 has now been successfully installed on your phone.
If the installation procedure is successful, you will see the ID: COM box turns green with the message PASS. now you can disconnect the USB cable.
After correctly performing the procedure to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, enter TWRP, turn off the phone and press the keys at the same time Bixby + volume button + power button to start the custom recovery, through which you can perform various functions not possible with that stock.