The Gameboy, in all its variants (Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance), continues to be one of the most popular consoles. I have already shown you how to install GameBoy emulator on iOS 9 and how to install Gameboy iOS 9 emulator without certificates error. Apple has released iOS 10 for iPhone and iPad (you can read all the news of iOS 10 in our article) and we have updated the guide for install Gameboy emulator on iOS 10.
Some of the methods proposed in the previous guides are no longer compatible with the latest Apple operating system. For this reason I decided to show you how to install GameBoy emulator on iOS 10 without any error of the certificates. This means that you can play your favorite games like Super Mario,Zelda or i Pokemon without risking that the emulator will no longer work for errors related to the certificates used to sign the application.
If, on the other hand, you have installed the iOS 11 version on your iPhone, you must refer to this other guide.
This way you won't lose all the progress made during the game. Most importantly, you won't have to wait for the developer to resolve the issue, which sometimes took even a month to wait. If you want to start playing your favorite GameBoy games on your iPhone and iPad with iOS 10, continue reading the guide and find out how to download gba emulator for iOS.
Install GameBoy emulator on iOS 10
As mentioned above, the method in this guide allows you to install the GameBoy emulator on iOS 10 on iPhone and iPad without receiving authorization errors from the app and certificates. To solve this problem, I will show you how to sign the application yourself. In this way Apple will not be able to revoke your certificate and you will be able to play without problems. The only thing to keep in mind when performing this procedure that the signature that you will apply to the app will last for 7 days.
After this period of time, you will have to certify the app again via the PC. You will not lose any game or save, but a necessary step to be able to continue playing. Currently the best compromise that has been found. The alternative would have been to use the developer certificates. The problem that Apple can revoke these certificates and often months go by before they are restored. It will show you how to re-certify the gba emulator for iPhone and iPad after showing you how to install it.
- An iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 installed.
- A PC with Windows or Linux or a Mac.
- GameBoy Lemulator GBA4iOS to download on PC / Mac – Link Download.
- The tool Cydia Impactor to download to PC / Mac – Windows | Mac | Linux 64-bit | Linux 32-bit.
How to install GameBoy emulator on iOS 10
- When the download is complete Cydia Impactor, launch the tool on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your device to your computer via the USB cable.
- On Cydia Impactor you will see a screen similar to the one shown in the image below. The name of your device will appear in the tool interface.
- Now drag the file GBA4iOS 2.1.ipa previously downloaded inside the tool.
- A new window will appear in which you will have to type the email of your Apple ID account.
- Press OK and then enter your account password. Confirm.
NOTE: if you have activated 2-step verification on your Apple ID account, you need to create an ad-hoc password in your account settings. To do this, go to the website appleid.apple.com and login with your data. In the section Safety click on Edit. Finally under the heading SPECIFIC PASSWORDS FOR APPS select Generate password. You will be asked to enter a password tag. Type GBA4iOS. Copy the proposed password and paste it in the Cydia Impactor to proceed.
- The tool will start signing the app and installing it on your iOS 10 device. If a message appears, press OK to proceed.
- Once the installation is complete on your iOS 10 device go to Settings -> General -> Device management (or Profile and device management).
- Click on your email address and then on Authorize email address to grant all permissions to GBA4iOS.
- Return to the Home Screen and start the GameBoy emulator for iOS 10 GBA4iOS.
What to do after 7 days
As previously indicated, to install Gameboy emulator on iOS 10 you need to certify the app. The certificate has a duration of 7 days. At the end of this period, you will notice that the GameBoy GBA4iOS emulator will no longer be able to be opened and crasher on startup. To restore operation, do the following:
- Connect your device to your PC via the USB cable.
- Launch Cydia Impactor.
- Drag the file GBA4iOS 2.1.ipa within Cydia Impactor.
- Enter your Apple ID account email and password previously used.
At this point a new certificate will be inserted in the app and you can continue playing without any kind of problem, without losing any saves or games.
What to do not to lose bailouts
very frustrating to lose all game saves. It may happen that the emulator stops working and to resolve the problem it is necessary to uninstall the app. To prevent any progress of your games from being lost, I recommend that you enable save sync via Dropbox.
This way you will never run the risk of having to start a game from scratch. To enable this feature just go to the app settings and enable Dropbox Sync. From now on, every time you make a new save, it will be synchronized on Dropbox. If in the future you want to delete the gameboy emulator for iPhone and iPad or if you accidentally delete it, simply enable synchronization with Dropbox again and you can recover all your progress. Very simple.
Lemulatore GBA4iOS the best GameBoy emulator for iOS 10. It offers several features that allow, for example, to play multiplayer with your friends. To enable this function just go to the app settings and enable Wireless Linking.
If you want to know how to transfer games within GBA4iOS, you can read our guide.
These are the steps to install Game Boy emulator on iOS 10. If you have any problems, please let us know via the comments in this article.