The function of driver signature verification in Windows 8 is 8.1 in 64-bit versions, it can sometimes become a real mess, especially when you have to install some drivers and the compatibility program assistant opens saying that it is not possible to install the driver, consequently blocking the installation and requesting verification the digital signature of the developer.
How to disable driver signature verification in Windows 8
Basically, the signature verification contains an electronic check that determines whether the driver was developed by the same manufacturer as the device manufacturer and also whether the driver was modified (whether digitally signed or not). The purpose of verifying the driver signature is to improve the safety of the device hardware so that the driver does not cause a malfunction of the computer causing irreversible damage.
I tell you my experience on verifying the drivers signature in Windows 8 to make you understand what can happen. When I had to start the procedure to obtain the root permissions of my Android smartphone, I had to install Android ADB and Fastboot and also Sony's flashtool and the flashmode and fastboot drivers were required. During the drivers installation, the compatibility program showed the blocked installation status. This caused a serious problem on the mobile device, which I was not aware of before, forcing me to perform a custom reset on the mobile phone to remove the Root. An internet search helped me find out that it was a driver manufacturer signature verification issue. With this guide we explain how you can disable driver signature verification in Windows 8 and 8.1a 64 bit and to permanently get rid of the request to verify the driver installation signature and the consequent blocking errors. (Here you find the guide for Windows 10 64bit).
Steps to disable driver signature verification
- Move the mouse pointer to the right side of the PC screen in order to enter the Windows 8 configuration bar.
- Now click on ?Settings".
- In Settings, click on "Change PC settings".
- Once you enter Change PC settings, click on ?Update and Restore".
- In Update and restore click on ?Restore".
- Now in Restoration, on the right, you will find the option of "Advanced startup ".
- Click on "Restart now"Under the option of Advanced startup.
- The PC will restart in mode Advanced startup, click on "Troubleshooting".
- In Troubleshooting, click on "Advanced options".
- In Advanced options, click on "Startup settings".
- The menu Startup settings I will show you the options you can have, click on the "Restart".
- Now you will have the opportunity to select the action you want to take, in our case it will be the verification of the drivers signature. By pressing the F7 key, this will do the job for you. As soon as you press the F7 key, your PC or laptop will restart with the driver signature verification disabled.
This is all about how to disable driver signature verification in Windows 8 and 8.1, I hope it was useful.
If you have the Windows 10 version on your computer, then you can read this guide: