In a recent article, we showed you how to create contact groups on your iPhone. Today we want to show you how to create a contact group and send group email from your Mac.
Creating a group email can save a lot of time because there is no need to manually enter the email address of each recipient. Instead, you can quickly type the name of a group of contacts to which you want to send an e-mail, and have the "to" field of the email client automatically filled in by the recipients.
Pre-requisites: to send an e-mail to a group of contacts, it is necessary to have already created the contact groups. If you haven't created them yet, follow this guide:
How to create contact groups on a Mac
- Step 1: Launch the Contacts application on your Mac.
- Step 2: In the menu bar, choose View> Show Groups.
- Step 3: In the menu bar, go to File> New group.
- Step 4: A new one will then be created "Untitled group". Double click on the "Untitled group" and rename it. For example, you can rename it "Friends". Now you have a new group, but as you can see, empty.
- Step 5: To add contacts to the new group, click "All contacts", then find a contact you want to add to the group. just click then drag and drop the contact into the group to add it. Repeat this process with each contact you want to add to the group.
Suggestion: You can add multiple contacts at once into an existing group by holding down the key Command keyboard while selecting multiple contacts with the mouse. After selecting several contacts, just drag them to the group you want.
How to send an email to contact groups from Mac
- Step 1: Start the Mail application. Note that sending group emails can be done with various email clients, the process the same, no matter which email client you use on your Mac.
- Step 2: In the field "to", start typing the name of one of your contact groups. In this case, I send an email to the group "Friends". You will notice that after typing a few letters, your mail client will automatically complete the group name.
- Step 3: Press the key Submit on the keyboard. This will automatically fill in the box"to" with the email address of all the contacts who are in your Friends group.
- Step 4: Enter the subject and body of the message, then send an e-mail as you normally do.
Suggestion: If you have multiple email addresses for a contact, the default email client will be the first email address listed for that contact. If you want to change the order, go to Contacts to change the order in which the email addresses of your specific contact are listed.
How to delete a group of contacts
It is very simple to delete a group of contacts. Even if the group is deleted, none of the contacts within this group will be deleted. All your contacts will remain intact in your group "All contacts".
- Step 1: Click to select a group you want to delete.
- Step 2: Go to Edit> Delete group. Alternatively, you can simply press the Delete key on the keyboard. A pop-up alert will ask you if you are sure you want to delete the group. Click on “Delete "to confirm.
Remember that none of your contacts from the deleted group will be deleted. Only the group label is deleted.