Kaspersky one of the most famous companies in the development of information security products, in the field of antivirus It always ranks among the first places in the rankings. Users who purchase an ASUS ROG motherboard can use Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 with a one-year free license. However, with simple steps, you can obtain the one-year free license for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 even if you don't have a motherboard of that type.To extract some compressed files, install 7-Zip, a powerful and free file compressor / decompressor, download the latest version from the official 7-Zip page (both 32bit and 64bit versions are available).
To avoid any conflicts or non-functioning of the procedure indicated below, it is necessary uninstall any installed Kaspersky programs If there are problems when uninstalling Kaspersky programs through Windows, Kaspersky offers a very simple tool to uninstall its programs: Kaspersky Products Remover.
If you use other antivirus programs, we recommend uninstalling them before proceeding with the installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus; if you do not know if an antivirus program is installed on your PC, the Kaspersky controller installation procedure will still present the presence of any incompatible programs and will ask you whether to uninstall them.
Now let's start there procedure to use the one-year free license for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013:
- Download the file KAV13014190_ROG.zip whose link on the page http://www.asus.com/event/2013/mb/KL_ASUS_ROG/index.htm under Download now.
- Extract the contents of the file KAV13014190_ROG.zip to get the file KAV18.104.22.16890_ROG.exe.
- DO NOT start the file just extracted, but right click on the file KAV22.214.171.12490_ROG.exe, select 7-Zip -> Extract to "KAV126.96.36.19990_ROG "
- Go to the folder KAV188.8.131.5290_ROG, right click on the file kavkis.msi, select 7-Zip -> Extract Here; the file will be extracted cbi.dll in the folder KAV184.108.40.20690_ROG
- Now we need to manually create the Kaspersky folder structure:
- Go to the folder c: Program Files ( C: Program Files (x86) for 64bit systems)
- create the folder Kaspersky Lab and enter it;
- create the folder Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013;
you should therefore find yourself with the following folder structure:C: Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 (C: Program Files (x86) Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 for 64bit systems)
- Copy the file cbi.dll previously extracted to the folder Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013.
- Go to the folder C: ProgramData(for Windows XP the path C: Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ) If not visible (a hidden folder) you must change the folder options to view hidden files and folders, or write C: ProgramData in the search form from the Windows start menu to access directly.
- Create the folder Kaspersky Lab and enter it;
- create the folder AVP13 and enter it;
- create the folder Date.
In the end you should have created the following structure:C: ProgramData Kaspersky Lab AVP13 Data (for Windows XP C: Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Kaspersky Lab AVP13 Data )
- Go to the folder KAV220.127.116.1190_ROG and open the file with 7-Zip kavkis.cabAmong the various files present you must find the file _1AA7CD13.key, copy it (right click on the file name and select Copy to …) in the previously created folder C: ProgramData Kaspersky Lab AVP13 Data(for Windows XP C: Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Kaspersky Lab AVP13 Data)
- Download theKaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 update from the official Kaspersky website and install it: Download Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 update. Once the installation is complete, you can check the details of the Kaspersky license by clicking on the item License management at the bottom right of the main screen of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013.