Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 available in 3 different variants. There is a 7-inch, 8-inch and 10.1-inch Tab 3 version. The 10.1 variant has a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. In this Tab Samsung has inserted an Intel Atom z2560 CPU with a 1 GB RAM and 16 GB of internal memory. The Tab 3 10.1 has a 3.15 MP camera on the back and a 1.3 MP camera on the front, with a 6800 mAh battery. Galaxy Tab 3 was released with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Ben and Samsung has not updated this device to later Android versions. Users who own Tab 3 10.1 can now update Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 to Android 7.1.1 Nougatusing a custom ROM, just follow the guide below.
Custom ROMs are the best solutions to update Android smartphones and tablets neglected by the manufacturer. We can choose ROMs such as CyanogenMod, OmniROM, Phoenix ROM, Paranoid Android and many others. The CyanogenMod ROM was the most popular, but has now been replaced by LineageOS which now allows us to update Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat.Basically LinageOS 14.1 is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and allows you to get the latest version of Android on your device. The interesting aspect is that you will find calls, SMS, MMS, WiFi and Bluetooth messages working on your device and it doesn't have many bugs.
LineageOS 14.1 for Android 7.1.1 Nougat compatible with all variants of the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. can install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5200, P5220 is P5210. To install LineageOS 14.1 on the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, it is necessary to have a recovery such as TWRP Recovery on the Tab. By following this procedure, keep in mind that you are doing it at your own risk.
- The guide is compatible only with Tabs with the model number above.
- The battery of the Tab must be charged at least 50% to last throughout the installation process.
- Backup your contacts, call logs, text messages and multimedia content.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your Tab 3 10.1 using this guide: How to install TWRP 3.0.x Recovery on Android: complete guide
- Do the Factory reset of your Tab to get a clean installation.
- Enable the mode USB debugging on the Tab.
Update Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Download the ROM according to your device
- Download the GApps.zip file (x86 Android 7.1.1).
- Copy the file ROM.zip is GApps.zip in the internal or external memory of Tab.
- Start Tab 3 in recovery mode. To do this, turn off the device first. Now press the keys Volume Up + Home + Power at the same time.
- When the phone starts, release the keys. The TWRP Recovery menu should appear.
- In TWRP, click on Install> Install Zip> Locate and select ROM.zip> Scroll to confirm.
- Once again go back to the TWRP main menu and click on Install> Install Zip> Locate GApps.zip> Scroll to confirm.
- Now tap on the option Advanced Wipe in TWRP Recovery and clear the cache and Dalvik cache.
- Now restart the Tab with the new ROM installed.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 should now be running.
So we have successfully updated your Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 to the latest Android version. The first start can take up to 10 minutes. Wait while the phone prepares the new firmware and starts up. If your phone does not convince you after startup, you can immediately restore the previously made Nandroid Backup. If there is a cellular data problem, you will need to restore the EFS backup.