Remove Factory Reset Protection on Samsung devices a very hot topic for owners of these Korean home devices. To increase the security of its devices, Google has introduced Factory Reset Protection on Android. For a detailed description, I recommend reading our Factory Reset Protection article: what you need to know. In summary, a form of security that requires the access data of the Google account connected to the smartphone if it is stolen and formatted. In case you do not know the password of the Google account, it is not possible in any case to use the device. This form of protection is very useful when we lose the smartphone or it is stolen. In this way, the thief cannot format and resell it, but he is faced with a perennial block. Despite this, in some cases it is necessary to know the way of how remove Factory Reset Protection Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
How to remove Factory Reset Protection Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus with Android 7.0 and 7.1.1
What to do if we are the owners of the smartphone and, after a reset, we no longer remember the credentials of the Google account? a situation that often happens and certainly not pleasant. In a previous article I showed you how to bypass Samsung Factory Reset Protection. The method described works with almost all Samsung devices on the market. Unfortunately not compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. For this reason in this guide I would like to show you a method to remove Factory Reset Protection Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus with Android 7.0 and 7.1.1.
The described technique only works with Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus models. If your Samsung device is locked, read the procedure to unlock it below.
Steps to remove Factory Reset Protection Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
In order to use this method, a requirement is to have a Windows PC connected to the internet. If you are impatient to remove Factory Reset Protection Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, here is the whole process.
- First download the toolOdin on your PC | download link
- Now download a custom ROM that will need to be installed on your device to remove Factory Reset Protection. Below are the download links. Download the file suitable for your device and then extract the contents of the archive:
- Extract the first archive you downloaded containing the toolOdin.
- Open the folder just extracted (Odin3-v3.12.7) and start the programOdin3-v3.12.7.exe.
- Click on the buttonAP.
- in the window that will open, select the file in the custom ROM folder that you downloaded and extracted previously.
- Wait a few seconds. After extracting the file, you will end up with a screen similar to the one shown below.
- Now turn off the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
- Start it inDownload Mode. To do this, just hold down the keysVolume Gi +Bixby+Power until a blue screen appears with a warning. At this point press the buttonVolume Up and an icon with an arrow pointing down will appear on the screen.
- Connect the device to the PC using the appropriate cable.
- Wait for the PC to recognize the device. When on Odin the box under the writingID: COM it will turn blue then the tool will have recognized the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
- Click the buttonStart to start the procedure.
The whole operation will last a couple of minutes. At the end of it, you will see a box turn green and the smartphone will automatically restart. You should see gears and the writing on the displayFactory Binary.
At the end of the boot phase, you will see a new screen on your device. It will help you to remove Factory Reset Protection Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Disconnect the device from your PC.
- Click on the grid-shaped button located at the top left as shown in the following image.
- Click onSettingsto access the settings.
- Scroll down the menu and open the entryDeveloper options.
- Check that entryUSB debugging is enabled.If not, enable it.
- Switch the smartphone off again and start it inDownload mode as done previously.
- From your PC, access the sammobile site.
- In the search field enter the model number of your smartphone. For example, if you own an Italian S8, the model number SM-G950F. If you don't know your model, you can see it on the back of the device at the bottom.
- After entering the model number, click on the magnifying glass button to start the search for the firmware for your phone.
- On the new page that will open, inSelect country selectITALY to download the Italian firmware.
- Now select the latest firmware that has been released for your smartphone (the most recent one located at the top) and then the buttonREGULAR DOWNLOAD. If you are not registered on SAMMOBILE, you must first create a free account and then proceed with the firmware download.
Wait for the firmware to download. The file is very large, therefore it may take some time, depending on the speed of your connection.
- At the end of the download, extract the archive containing the firmware.
- Start Odin again.
- Click on the button BLand from the window that will open select the file it starts withBL present in the folder containing the firmware just downloaded.
- Do the same thing by pressing the buttonAPand opening the file that starts withAP.
- Same operation to be done by pressing the buttonCP.
- Finally click onCSC and open the file that starts withHOME_CSC.
- Connect the device to the PC and click on the buttonStart.
Now all that remains is to wait for the firmware installation to complete. A green button will appear at the top left when everything is done.
At this point your device will restart and you will be shown the operating system configuration screen. Proceed with the setup wizard. You will no longer be asked to enter your old Google Account credentials. If you prefer, you can perform a factory reset via the phone settings.
Thanks to this procedure you have been able to remove Factory Reset Protection Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. If you have problems with this guide, let us know through the comments section.