If you want to change your device, you can get root permissions on OnePlus 5 and if you follow this guide, you will find that the procedure is not difficult. This procedure allows you to have access from superuser on OnePlus 5, with the ability to install your favorite applications and customize the smartphone to your liking.
How to unlock the bootloader on OnePlus 5
Before proceeding with the guide, you need to unlock the bootloader on your device. To obtain access to the root, the order of the procedure to carry out this: unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and finally run the method for get access to the root.
The non-complex procedure, all explained in our guide that you find below. It will help you get root permissions on OnePlus 5 easily. Read on to find out more.
Note:unlocking the bootloader will format the device. Make a full backup of your phone before proceeding.
Guide to unlock the bootloader on OnePlus 5
- Configure ADB & Fastboot on the PC. For help, use this guide.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging on the device. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Phone settings About phone and tap seven / ten times "Build number". We will enable developer options on OnePlus 5.
- Now go to Settings Developer Options and look for the "Enable OEM unlock?, Select the checkbox next to it.
- On the same page, also select the checkbox USB debugging.
- Connect the phone to the PC and open the command prompt.
- Enter the following command in the command prompt and hit enter:
- The phone will reboot into bootloader mode. Check the screen of the device and if the popup appears saying "Allow USB debugging?, Accepts by selecting OK.
- Once the device has booted into Bootloader mode, enter the following command to permanently unlock the bootloader on OnePlus 5:
- It unlocks the bootloader on OnePlus 5 but also completely formats the phone. So before unlocking the bootloader, make sure to back up everything you think is important on your device.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your OnePlus 5 will automatically restart.
- all. The OnePlus 5 bootloader is now unlocked and you can install / flash a custom recovery like TWRP.
Guide to download TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5
- Download the fileTWRP recovery.imgforOnePlus 5 from this link.
- Configure ADB and Fastboot on the PC. For help, go to this guide.
- Skip this step if you have already configured ADB on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on OnePlus 5. To do this follow the steps:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About phone and tap seven times on "Build number?, Will allow us to enable developer options.
- Now go back to Settings and you will see the developer options, April.
- Select the checkbox USB debugging.
- Open the folder where the file was saved TWRP Recovery .img for OnePlus 5 in step 1.
- Now open a command window inside that folder. To do this, press "Shift + Right mouse button"On an empty space inside the folder and then select"Open PowerShell window here?From the context menu.
- Connect your OP5 to the PC. Type the following in the command window that we opened in the previous step to boot the device in bootloader / fastboot mode:
- If the message appears on OnePlus 5 ?Allow USB debugging", Click OK.
- Once OnePlus 5 starts in bootloader mode, enter the following command in the command window to flash the TWRP Recovery.img file:
- fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Edit twrp.img with the file nameTWRP recovery .img previously downloaded, or change the file nameTWRP recovery intwrp.img and use the previous command.
- Once TWRP has been successfully flashed on your OnePlus 5, enter the following command to restart:
all. TWRP Recovery now installed on the device. To start the recovery just installed, just enter the command adb reboot recovery in the command window when the device is started.
Guide to get root permissions on OnePlus 5
Once TWRP Recovery is installed, you can easily get root permissions on OnePlus 5. Follow this step-by-step procedure.
- Download and transfer the file SuperSU.zipon the memory of OnePlus 5.
- Boot your OnePlus 5 into TWRP Recovery.
- Click on Install and select the file SuperSU.zip that you transferred to your device in step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flashfound at the bottom of the screen to begin the process.
- Once you flash SuperSU, you will get the option Reboot System, select it.
This is all. Your OnePlus 5 has obtained root permissions. To check if the procedure has been successful, download and install the Root Cheker application from the Play Store.