If you own a Moto G5S Plus, you can now customize it since TWRP Recovery has been released for this device. Indeed, it is now very easy to get permits root on Moto G5S Plustaking advantage of the already famous custom recovery. With TWRP you can use both Magisk and SuperSU to access as superuser on the Moto G5S Plus, also known by the name Sanders.
Root permissions on Moto G5S Plus are not the only reason TWRP Recovery is installed on the device. If you have the TWRP installed on your Moto G5S Plus, you could for example install a custom ROM updated to Android 8.0 Oreo such as the LineageOS 15 based on Android 8.0 (when it will also be released for your device).
Guide to root Moto G5S Plus and install TWRP
The guide we have created will help you install TWRP Recovery on your Moto G5S Plus, as well as obtain root permissions using SuperSU. But important to point out that this is a risky procedure and if you don't know what you are doing, you may end up damaging your device.
Do not try to perform anything indicated on this page if you are not sure what you are doing. In the event that damage to the phone occurs, we will not be liable.
The guide provided on this page is compatible only with Motorola Moto G5S Plus, also called Sanders. Do not try to perform this procedure on another device as it may damage it.
Well, to install TWRP Recovery on your Moto G5S Plus and then obtain root permissions, you must first unlock the device bootloader.
How to easily install TWRP Recovery on your Moto G5S Plus.
- Before continuing with the guide, you must unlock the bootloader of your Moto G5S Plus using the following guide.
- Download TWRP Recovery from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable.
- Open the Command Prompt on the Windows PC in the folder where you have the TWRP recovery file. To do this go to that folder, then in the address bar, type cmd and press the button Submit. A command window will open in the folder where the TWRP Recovery file of the Moto G5S Plus has been downloaded.
- With the device connected to the PC, restart it in bootloader / fastboot mode by entering the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
Check the phone screen if it requires "Allow USB debugging?, Accepts by selecting OK.
Now, we install the TWRP Recovery by entering the following command in the command window to flash the TWRP Recovery.img file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-sanders.img
This all. TWRP Recovery now installed on your device. To access TWRP, use the command fastboot boottwrp-3.1.1-sanders.img or, while in bootloader mode, use the volume keys to view the recovery options and then press the power button to select and start the recovery mode, and obtain TWRP Recovery.
Guide to get root permissions on Moto G5S Plus
There are two ways to root your Moto G5S Plus: the first one using Magisk and the other using SuperSU. Magisk is the most preferred because it offers you a lot of customization thanks to its modules. Not only that, it hides the unlocking of the root, very useful when necessary (in the case of applications such as Android Pay, etc.). While SuperSU is a tool, it simply does its job.
1. Moto G5S Plus root using Magisk
- Download the apk file Magisk zip and Magisk Manager:
- Copy both files to your Moto G5S Plus.
- Start the device in TWRP. (Allow to modify the system by swiping the slider that will appear as soon as the recovery starts).
- Tap Install and select the Magisk zip file that you transferred to your device in step 1.
- After selecting the zip file, Swipe to confirm the installation at the bottom of the screen and begin the process.
- Once Magisk is installed, you will see the option Reboot System, select it.
- Once the device restarts, open a file manager and go to the folder where you transferred the file Magisk Manager Apk in step 1. Click on it to install it.
- Open the Magisk Manager application and check the root status of the device.
all. Enjoy systemless root permissions with Magisk on your Android device.
2. Moto G5S Plus root using SuperSU
- Download the SuperSU zip file.
- Copy the file SuperSU zip on your Moto G5S Plus.
- Start the device in TWRP. (Allow to change the system with a swipe).
- Tap install and select the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to your device in step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, swipe to confirm the installation at the bottom of the screen and start the process.
- Once SuperSU is installed, you will see the option Reboot System, select it.
- This all. Your Moto G5S Plus has obtained root permissions. To check the status of root permissions, install the Root checker application from the Google Play Store.
The entire procedure allows you to install a custom recovery (the famous TWRP Recovery) and obtain root permissions. Now you can indulge in personalizing your Moto G5S at 360. Let us know if you need help using the comments section.