Nintendo is bringing its historical consoles from the past to the fore. It is in fact proposing the Nintendo Classic and Super Nintendo Classic in a revisited edition that can be connected to the latest generation TVs. This market move highlights how today's gamers are tied to games from the past. If you identify yourself with this group of people, well that you know you can install Game Boy emulator on iOS 11both on iPhone and iPad. One of the historical consoles of the Japanese company can now also be found on the latest version of the iOS operating system.
The installation procedure is very simple. In this article I would like to show you all the steps on how to install Game Boy emulator on iOS 11 on both iPhone and iPad in the version GBA4iOS 2.1. There are two distinct procedures, each of which has its pros and cons which I will list below. If you are impatient to play titles like Super Mario, Pokemon or Zelda on your iPhone or iPad, then take some time and proceed with this guide.
How to install Game Boy emulator on iOS 11 for iPhone and iPad
As I mentioned earlier, there are two methods for install Game Boy GBA4iOS emulator on iPhone and iPad with iOS 11. The first allows installation using only iPhone or iPad, without going through the computer. The disadvantage of this method is that Apple could revoke application certificates at any time, making the emulator unusable. This also involves the loss of any bailouts present within the app.
This problem is solved by the second method, which has the advantage of being able to use a certificate created by us (I will show you how to do it simply in the guide) and not revocable by Apple. The disadvantage to the need to use a PC or Mac to perform the operation. In addition, a new certificate must be uploaded every 7 days by connecting the iPhone to the computer. Based on your needs, I advise you to choose the most suitable method for you. I'll show you both below.
Method 1: install GBA4iOS game boy emulator via iPhone / iPad
This procedure involves the use of only the iPhone or iPad. Here is how to proceed:
- From your iOS device, connect to this link.
- Scroll down the page and click on the tab GBA4iOS 2.1. There are two very similar cards. Click on the one with the badge SIGNED as shown in the photo.
- A popup will open. Click on the button install.
- In the next popup select Install GBA4iOS.
- Wait for a warning to appear asking you to install the application. Click on Install.
At this point you can close the web browser on your iPhone or iPad. On the home screen you will see a new icon of the GABA4iOS emulator that is being installed.
NOTE: if the installation is not successful, the reason for the revocation of Apple certificates (as described above). If so, you have two options: wait for the developers to insert a new valid certificate or proceed with the second method described below.
- After the installation is complete, go to Settings -> General -> Device management. Click on the item on the page and then on authorize.
You can go back to the home screen and start the emulator GBA4iOS.
Method 2: install GBA4iOS game boy emulator via PC / Mac
This second method to install Game Boy emulator on iOS 11 involves using a PC (Windows or Linux) or a Mac.
- Download the tool on your PC or Mac Cydia Impactor | Windows – Mac – Linux.
- Download the GBA4iOS installation file to your computer via this link.
- If you have a PC with Windows installed, you need to have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Now connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and start the tool Cydia Impactor. You will see a screen similar to the one shown in the image below.
- Drag the file GBA4iOS2.1.ipa within Cydia Impactor.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID account email.
- After confirming, you will also need to enter the password for your Apple ID account.
NOTE: if you have two-factor verification active on your account, you will need to generate a temporary password from the appleid.apple.com website under the heading Safety -> SPECIFIC PASSWORDS FOR APPS -> Generate password and use this in the field where the password is requested in Cydia Impactor.
After confirming, the installation process will start. When finished, go to Settings -> General -> Device management. Click on the item on the page and then on authorize. Returning to the home screen, you can now start the GBA4iOS emulator on your iPhone and iPad.
This procedure to install Game Boy emulator on iOS 11 has the disadvantage of having to certify the app every 7 days. When the app no ??longer starts, you will need to connect the iOS device to the PC and perform this procedure again (you do not have to uninstall the app from the iPhone). In this way a new certificate will be inserted and you can proceed with your games without losing any saving. Read this other guide to also discover a method without certificate renewal.
In this article I have shown you two methods to install Game Boy emulator on iOS 11 via PC / Mac.If you know other methods to achieve the same result, let us know via the comments section at the end of this article.
After installing the emulator, you must now load the games. If you don't know how, in this guide we will see how to transfer games to GBA4iOS, Game Boy iOS emulator.
If your iPhone comes with iOS 10, the method seen above does not work. In this guide you will see how to install GBA4iOS on iOS 10.