We are all concerned about the security of our mobile devices, especially the data they contain, and the manufacturing companies are doing everything to preserve it. To make the device safer, Google has introduced a new security measure called Android 5.0 Lollipop. Factory Reset Protection (FRP). If you are familiar with restoring factory settings on Android devices, you know what FRP is. TheFactory Reset Protection keeps smartphone data safe in case the device is stolen. It does this by requiring authentication after a factory reset to make the device usable. In this guide we want to help you bypass Factory Reset Protection on Nexus.
After performing the factory reset and starting the process to set up the device, this will ask you to enter the password of the Google account to which the device has previously been connected. It is about Factory Reset Protection. With this protection, the device will no longer be usable for thieves.
What if, instead of losing your Nexus device, you forget your Google Account password and details? You're blocked; the device cannot be used even through factory reset (thanks to FRP). You already know that in order to activate FRP, you need to connect a Google account to the device, set a security option and factory reset the device via the stock recovery menu.If you have a Nexus device (a recent one such as Nexus 6P, 5X, Nexus 6 and 5) with Factory Reset Protection active, I can tell you that this protection can be bypassed in a few minutes. Here's how to bypass Factory Reset Protection on Nexus.
Bypassing Factory Reset Protection on Nexus
- The device on which to perform the procedure to bypass Factory Reset Protection on Nexus, must be equipped with a SIM card inserted.
Procedure to follow
- Turn off your phone and access the recovery menu by holding down these keys:Volume Down + Power key.
- when a screen with the writing "Start", push the buttonVolume downto highlight "Recovery mode"And then click the buttonpower on to start the recovery.
- Look for the entryWipe data / factory reset and press the power button to start restoring your device. Follow the wizard.
- Once the reset is complete, the Nexus device will reboot and you will see the setup wizard. When asked to connect to a Wi-Fi network, select one at random. The field "enter your password". Instead of entering the password, hold down the ?,?(Comma) and settings.
- Selecttongue and then touch the three vertical points at the top right of the screen and then click on "Help and feedback".
- Now you will see a search bar. Type in a random word, hold your finger on the word until a popup appears and then select "Share".
- Choose the option to share it via Google messenger(Messages). Once the application has opened, click on "New message".
- Dial any number in the field "TO"(The recipient's field) and then click on"Submit".
- You will see an icon as a contact at the top right of the next screen. Select it and post a checkmark in the box that appears. A phone icon will appear that will allow you to make a call.
- Once the call is made press the button to pause the call and then press the button to open the numeric keypad and enter a new number.
- In the input field, type * # * # 4636 # * # *and this will open the test mode.
- Touch "usage statistics?And then tap the button to go back. You are now in the device settings menu.
- From the settings, reset the phone to the factory settings.
Since through this somewhat cumbersome procedure, we were able to perform a reset without first setting up a Google account, the next time we restart we can complete the guided configuration and insert our Google account. You will not need to enter the password of the previous account set on the Nexus device.
If you've forgotten your Google Account password, I hope this guide on how bypass Factory Reset Protection on Nexus, can help you recover your device after a factory reset. If you have any problems please let us know via the comments in this article.
For more information on the functionFactory Reset Protectionand its importance, I recommend you read this guide.