You own the old LG G5 and would like a user interface like the new LG G6. It seems impossible, but maybe you don't know that this possibility is within your reach. Just continue reading this guide to find out how to update the old LG G5 with the LG G6 ROM. After the release of the LG G6, you will have wanted at least for a moment to use its functions and the new user interface. To enjoy the new ROM on your G5 it is not necessary to purchase LG's flagship, just install Fulmics ROM LG G6 on LG G5.
If you are wondering how to do it, then you have come to the right place considering that in this guide, we will show you how to install Fulmics ROM LG G6 on LG G5 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Let's see what this ROM offers.
How to install Fulmics ROM LG G6 on LG G5
The Fulmics ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat was made by an XDA developer and modified to be brought from the LG G6 to the previous LG G5 version. This ROM brings improvements to the device such as battery life, system performance and memory management of the smartphone.
It is a much cleaner version of the old interface, and also has less bloatware (pre-installed applications). It also provides for the installation of Google Assistant with some TOP features such as the double tapper to unlock the phone.
Before proceeding with the installation of the ROM, let's see the requirements that are necessary to complete the procedure without problems.
- It is important to make a backup of all data, because the installation will erase all data from memory.
- The battery must have at least 50% charge before starting the procedure.
- Install drivers for LG G5da here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- It is necessary to install a customized recovery. We recommend that you download and install TWRP. How to install TWRP recovery on LG G5.
- It is absolutely necessary to also download the ROM file from the following link.
Guide to install Fulmics ROM LG G6 on LG G5
- After downloading the .zip file of the ROM Fulmics, copy it to the SD card.If you want to install Gapps, download those too. You absolutely have to copy the files to the SD card, because the internal memory will be deleted.
- After copying them, restart your device in recovery mode. You can do this by pressing the button volume down + power button at the same time.
- From the recovery menu, select Wipe and format option-> Wipe Data->system-> cache & Dalvik cache. After confirming these commands, the internal memory of the device will be completely erased.
- Now you can install the ROM software.
- Select the .zip file you downloaded, then go to install and flash the custom rom.
- Now you will proceed with the installation of the ROM. Once done, you can also install the Gapps if you want to install them, with the same previous procedure.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your device.
Now you can enjoy the interface of the new LG G6 on your LG G5 with the Fulmics custom ROM.
If you want to install Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM on LG G5, read this guide.
If instead you want to know how to get root permissions on LG G5 with Android Nougat and install TWRP Recovery, I recommend you read this guide.