More and more people are using Android 7 Nougat on their smartphones, while Android Oreo and the new Android Pie are starting to spread. Google aims to improve the security of its mobile operating system through updates. Nougat much safer than Marshmallow and Lollipop, and the new operating systems will be even more so. All this attention to security makes it possible not to compromise the data and privacy of every user of the Android platform. All this made it more difficult for developers to make changes to the operating system. To simplify the mod procedures, in this guide you will see how simple it has become to obtain the root permissions with Magisk Systemlesson Android devices.
Getting root permissions was a very simple operation a few years ago. Smartphones (but also tablets) were easily rootable up to Android 5 Lollipop. With the release of Marshmallow, Google has made this operation much more complex. In fact it is necessary to modify the system partition to reach the final goal. With the modification of the system partition, many applications stop working.
An example may be the game Pokemon Go, but also apps like Sky Go is Infinitythey no longer work on devices with root permissions. At least this was the method used until last year by Chainfire, developer of the famous tool SuperSU. Now there is a novelty. The new tool is called Magisk. If you do not know Magisk or you have never heard of it, in this guide you will find out how to get the permits root with Magisk and what are the advantages of this method.
Root permissions with Magisk
The advantages of root permissions with Magisk
Last year, a XDA forum developer announced a new tool called Magisk Systemless Interface. But you knowSo Magisk? As the name suggests, this tool allows you to get root permissions in a way Systemless, ie without changing the partition / system of the Android smartphone. Magisk not only allows you to get root permissions without changing the system partition, but creates many opportunities for developers of custom ROMs and mods in general. To make it simple, you can create modified ROMs without changing the system partition. In this way Magisk will be able to hide from any app the root permissions and changes to the operating system, thus allowing the aforementioned apps to work.Magisk managed to revive the fortunes of Android right at the worst moment of the operating system from the point of view of customization. We must appreciate Google's efforts to improve the security of its users, but the developers are doing their best to get around all the new security protocols. To install Magisk on your Android smartphone very simple. All you need to do is install a .zip file and the game done. If you're trying to figure out how this great tool works, in this guide I'll show you how to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android to get root permissions.
Official Magisk 15.0 version
Magisk has been updated to the stable version 15.0. This is great news for Android phone owners who can get root permissions using this rooting tool, which is becoming increasingly popular (after SuperSU) called Magisk v15.0. The latest version of Magisk now comes out of the beta with many improvements to the Super User libraries. Magisk v15.0 now available for official download for all Android users. Continue to find out how to install it on your device.
- The smartphone must not have root permissions.
- The device bootloader must be unlocked. Not all smartphone manufacturers block the bootloader. If it is, it must be released.
- necessary to have Xposed Framework installed. If you don't know how to install it, you can follow our guide.
- TWRP Recovery must be installed on the smartphone. To do this, you can proceed by following these instructions on how to install TWRP 3.0.x Recovery on Android.
Guide to install Magisk 15.0 eMagisk Manager 5.5.1
- Download Magisk v15.0.zip and transfer the file you just downloaded to your smartphone's internal memory.
- Now start the device in TWRP Recovery mode. You can do this by holding down the keys Volume Gi + Power or Volume Up + Power (the mode changes depending on the device). For Samsung devices, the keys must be held down Volume Up + Home + Power.
- Now select install -> Install zip.
- Search for the file magisk.zip transferred previously, select it and then confirm.
- At the end of the operation select Reboot -> Reboot System Now.
- Wait for the operating system to start and then install Magisk Manager 5.5.1 from the XDA site.
Guide to obtain root permissions with Magisk Systemless
At this point you can get root permissions without changing the system partition like this:
- Download Phhs_superuser.zip and transfer the file you just downloaded to your smartphone's internal memory.
- Start the device in TWRP Recovery mode as previously done.
- Now select install -> Install zip.
- Search for the file Phhs_superuser.zip transferred previously, select it and then confirm.
- Restart your smartphone and finally install the phh?s SuperUser app.
This all. You can start exploiting all the potential of root permissions. By lapp Magisk Manager you can enable or disable root permissions even temporarily. In this way, if an app does not work with active root permissions, you can disable them momentarily and activate them only when you need them. The latest Magisk Manager version works on most Android phones with 5.0 / 5.1 Lollipop, 6.0.1 Marshmallow , 7.1 Nougat, 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo.
Should you encounter problems with this guide to install and obtain root permissions with Magisk Systemless, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can do this through the comments section at the end of this article.
If you own the Galaxy S8, this guide may be helpful.