Google recently announced the Google Home Preview program. According to Google, users subscribed to this program will have access to new features for Google Home before they are publicly released. They will not be tests or beta versions, but at the same level as the production version updates. In addition, users enrolled in the preview program will be able to send feedback and suggestions to the Google Home team. If you are a Google Home Smart Speaker owner and you love being at the edge of technology, read on as we discuss how to subscribe to the Google Home Preview program:
Sign up for the Google Home Preview program
Note : make sure that Google Home has been configured correctly and is connected to the same WiFi network as your smartphone. If not, read our guide here to configure your Google Home speaker.
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone. Touch the icon "Devices" in the upper right corner to view your configured Google Home devices.
- A list of your Google Home devices will now appear. Touch the button of the 3-point menu of the Google Home device you want to record in the preview program, then tap "Settings" .
- A new window for "Device Settings" should now be open. Scroll down to the Device Info section and tap "Program preview" . A new window will appear showing information for the Google Home Preview program. Make sure the checkbox next to "Allow email notifications" is selected. So, touch "Subscribe to the program" to continue.
Note . If the Preview Program option is not available in the device settings, you will need to restart the Google Home device.
- And this all. Now you can easily and successfully sign up for the preview program. A new dialog box will appear that thanks you for joining the program. Just touch "Ok, Got It", to close it. Now, when you get back to the device settings page, you'll see that it displays "On (waiting for the next preview firmware update) "under the title of the preview program.
- Also, if you open the incoming mail of the email you used for registration, you will receive an email from Google, which welcomes you to the Google Home preview program.
Get early access thanks to the preview program
Thanks to the Google Home preview program, you now have the right to early and exclusive access to the latest firmware and updates for your Google Home device. These updates could be new features, device improvements, or bug fixes. But what matters is that it puts you in front of the waiting curve. Share with us your experience on Google Home and what are the new features you hope to expect in the coming weeks in the comments below.