The Win Recovery Project (TWRP) Team has released the official recovery for this device, and it is now possible to install TWRP Recovery and obtain Root permissions on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, installing Magisk root or SuperSU zip. The phone is a good combination of hardware and software offering a 5.99 ? display that the trend of new phones. powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and as you know, all Xiaomi phones are available with a few variations.
This phone is available with 3 GB of RAM / 32 GB of internal storage and 4 GB of RAM / 64 GB of internal memory. The phone has a 12 MP rear camera and 5 megapixel front camera with a 4000 mAh battery life. Like other Xiaomi phones, this one also works on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.2.
Why should you run root on your device? The root allows you to make changes to the system and enable various customization options.
Using root access, you can remove unwanted system apps (Bloatware), backup app data using Titanium backup, Flash kernels using TWRP to increase performance, install Dolby Atmos or Viper4Android Sound systems, Installed Xposed Framework for various customizations and changes on the Android system. Then, follow the steps below to get the Root Permissions on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
Guide to obtain root permissions on Redmi 5 Plus and install TWRP Recovery
The root process divided into two steps. First you need to install TWRP Recovery on the device which will allow you to install Magisk Root and get access to the root.
If the purpose is to use apps that only work with root, rooting is the only option, but if you want to install custom ROMs, TWRP Recovery will help you.
- Make sure you've unlocked the Redmi 5 Plus bootloader.
- Back up important files. In case something goes wrong it is possible to recover them.
- Install the correct USB driver for this device. Below are all the download links.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone.
To enable USB debugging,
- Go up Settings> Phone Information> Tap 7-8 times on "MIUI Version". This procedure will enable Developer Option on your phone.
- Go back to "Developer Options" and enable USB debugging from the menu.
Unlock the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Bootloader
Unblocking the mandatory bootloader to continue with this process. Then, go to the guide below to unlock the bootloader of this device using.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus
Now we will see how to install the Recovery on the device. We will install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot mode. Make sure you have unlocked the phone's bootloader using the above method.
01. Go to the folder where you downloaded the Recovery.
02. Hold the button "Shift?And press the right mouse button on an empty space in the folder.
From the options choose "Open the PowerShell window here" or "Open command window quthe". You will see the command window open on your computer screen.
03. Now turn off the phone completely and start it up Fastboot Mode holding the power button + volume down simultaneously for a few seconds.
04. Now you will be in fastboot mode. Connect your smartphone to your computer via the USB cable.
05. In the command window, enter the following code to check whether the device connected or not!
06. After detecting the device, it is time to install TWRP Recovery on the device. Enter the following command and press the button Submit. You can change the command based on the name of your recovery.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-vince.img
07. This procedure will install the Recovery within a few seconds. After the installation it is possible to restart the device.
This all! You have installed TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus. Now you can use the Recovery for any purpose.
Root permits on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
The time has come to execute the root permissions of the device using Magisk Root or SuperSU. We just need to install the Magisk Root or SuperSU zip files.
Root permissions using Magisk Root
01. Download Magisk Root from the links above and Insert the downloaded zip file in the internal memory of the device.
02. Start the device in TWRP Recovery by pressing the power button + Volume up until the TWRP logo is displayed.
03. At the first use of TWRP Recovery, Allow system changes. Select "install?From the main screen.
04. Locate the Magisk zip file and click on "Swipe to Confirm Flash". This will install Magisk binary on the system along with the application Magisk Manager.
05. After installation, restart the device.
This way you are about to unlock the root on this phone. After obtaining root permissions, you can use the Magisk Manager application to manage the root permissions of any root app. If you don't know this app I suggest you read our guide below.
Root permissions with SuperSU
The same method applies to Root with SuperSU. But Magisk offers more features than SuperSU. Thus, the use of Magisk Manager has recently increased sharply.
01. Download the SuperSU zip file and place the downloaded file in the device's internal memory.
02. Restart the device from the Recovery interface. Also in this case it is possible to use the button Power on + Volume up button to start TWRP Recovery.
03. Choose "install?And identifies the SuperSU.zip file.
04. Select the button again "Swipe to Confirm Flash". This installer SuperSU binary.
Congratulation! You have granted root access to the phone using SuperSU. To check the root status of this device, use the Root Checker application.
The Magisk system is replacing the SuperSU method to obtain Root permissions. Why? We talked about it in this article.