The smartphone LG G4 was one of LG's flagship released with Android Lollipop, updated later to the most recent Android Marshmallow.LG G4with a huge touchscreen display from5.5inches and a resolution from2560 × 1440pixels. Powered by a Cortex-A57 Qualcomm Snapdragon 808a 1.8GHz 64bit processor, with a 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
A device released in 2015 but still valid and if you have the intention to personalize it the privileged way is to obtain root permissions. In this guide you will find the procedure on how to obtain the diroot permissions LG G4 (international variant) and install the modified recovery TWRP.
LG G4 root permissions
LG G4 can be safely unlocked in the root using TWRP Recovery and a dedicated version of SuperSU. Therefore, if you are thinking of modifying your new Android device, do not hesitate and read this step by step guide we have prepared. As you will see, during the following steps I have detailed the root process so that anyone can understand how to do it and above all why to perform these operations.
Therefore, even if you are at your first root experience, you will be able to make it work without problems. Of course, check all the guidelines you will find below and make sure you apply these steps just to get root permissions on LG G4 – this root method only compatible with the Lollipop based device, so try to follow these instructions.
This procedure to unlock the root has nothing to do with LG or Google. The root exploit developed by a third-party developer (thank Chainfire for this tutorial), which means that the warranty on your LG G4 will no longer be valid. However I don't think you still have it active.
Why get root permissions? With the root unlocked you will be able to take full advantage of the power of your Android device, since after completing this guide, you will be able to apply customized ones like: update with custom ROMs (such as CyanogenMod, AOKP, Paranoid Android and so on), overclock the device Android, install custom kernels, remove bloatware, make Nandroid backups and so on.
- LG G4 driver for the computer (Windows) (Download from here)
- Driver ABD eFastboot (Download from here)
- A USB cable
- Before applying the steps below you must unlock the bootloader of your LG G4.
- Developer options must be activated – go tosettings – information on the phone"And click several times on the build number.
- Activate the USB debugging feature now – simply log in to "menu – settings – developer options?And activate them.
- If security features are installed on your computer, temporarily disable them: antivirus programs may interfere with the root process.
- Check that your smartphone's charge is not less than 50%.
Guide to install TWRP Recovery on LG G4
Before running the process to unlock the root, a custom recovery must be installed on your LG G4: in this regard, follow these steps to install TWRP Recovery.
- First you need to download the TWRP image file from here(in the name must be present the wording 815), and move it to the previously downloaded ADB folder.
- After that, connect LG G4 to your computer with the USB cable. Open the command prompt in the ABD folder (right-click in the ADB folder while holding down the Shift key and selectOpen command window here …) and restart the smartphone in modalitbootloader by typing the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now LG G4 in bootloader mode, then enter the following command:
fastboot boot twrp-220.127.116.11-h815.img
NB: The previous command installs theTWRP Recovery.
- Once the installation is complete, restart the LG G4 device by typing the following command:
How to obtain LG G4 root permissions (International variant)
- First, open a web browser on your computer, then download the SuperSU file in the versionUPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip from here.
- Connect LG G4 to your computer with the help of the USB cable and move the file to the device's internal memory.
- Start the device and restart the recovery mode (press and hold the buttons simultaneouslyPower + Home + Volume Up).
- After that, go up "install?Of the Recoverye menu selects the file Super SU, then follow the instructions on the screen to install.
- Once the installation is complete, return to the Recoverye main menu and reboot the device by selecting reboot system now.
- If you notice a cyclical system reboot, go back to recovery and select "wipe data factory reset" and "wipe cache partition".
Finished, i was obtained root permissions on LG G4 and installedTWRP success. Now don't hesitate and change your Android device to release all its power. Also, don't forget to tell us if the process worked using the comments field below.
If you have not yet installed Android Nougat on your LG G4, give this guide to find out how to do it.