You have to invite a group of friends to a dinner party or invite them to a party, but considering that they are many, you really don't want to write an SMS one by one. Friends are all present in your iPhone's address book and you are looking for a way to simplify your life and send multiple SMS messages from your iPhone. But why not send them by WhatsApp or Messenger? Of course, it has become very simple to send messages via a WhatsApp group, but the reason is there. Some of these friends don't use social media, including WhatsApp. This is one of the reasons why you have to send an SMS from your iPhone to make sure that the message reaches everyone.
The function we have available on iPhone Messaggi, the Apple app available on all Apple devices. And then it comes naturally to ask if it is possible to send multiple SMS from iPhone using Messages. Well, the answer is yes. With Messages you can send a message to a group of people in the Address Book on the iPhone. Not only that, you can also name the group as you do with WhatsApp, add friends or unsubscribe. Did not you know? Here is the guide that will help you send a message to a group of friends.
How to send multiple SMS from iPhone to a group of friends
If you want to greet a group of people near the Christmas and Easter holidays by writing a single message, here's how.
First of all download the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, otherwise you might miss some recent features. You can also send the message from iPad or Mac, just log in with your Apple ID on iMessage first. Now let's see how to send a multiple message from the iPhone.
What types of messages can you send from the iPhone
Apple has created an intelligent system that allows you to automatically send a type of message depending on the device you are using or other factors. For example:
- If your friends also use Apple devices like you and have iMessages activated, the message that you go to compose on Messages on your iPhone is transmitted as iMessage.
- If instead you are writing a group message and your friends are not using iMessage, because maybe they have an Android phone, the message will be sent as MMS or SMS.
How do you distinguish what kind of message you send your iPhone? It is easy to distinguish them.
If the recipient of the message also uses iMessage, you will see the message inside a blue cloud, not only, you must also know that it is sent directly by Apple and not by your telephone operator. So it will be protected with end-to-end encryption. With iMessage you have other advantages, you can view all the answers of the group of friends, share your position with the group, give a name to the group, remove or add a friend.
If instead you have to send a message to a friend who does not have iMessage, the system sends the message as SMSof group and you recognize it because it appears inside the little green cloud. In this case the SMS is sent by your telephone operator with the consequences of some limitations. When you reply to a group text message it is sent as a single text message. The recipients will not be able to see the other answers from the group.
Now let's see how to send a group message from the iPhone
How to send a group message from the iPhone
It is really easy to send fromiPhone with iOS a message to more friends. In this guide we tell you how to do it.
- From your iPhone open Messages from the Home and click on the icon write top right to write a new message.
- Start entering the first name in the Address Book and continue entering the others by clicking on the "+" sign.
- Write the group message and click on the button Submit.Repeat this operation as many times as you want to send the message to an unlimited number of friends.
If you want to send a group MMS from your iPhone, you need to enable MMS messaging. To do this you need to log in Settings> Messages and activate MMS messaging.
As you can see, the procedure for sending group messages from the iPhone is very simple. Now, if you want to create a group of people like you do on WhatsApp, also giving a name to the group, read on.
How to give a name to the group
If you normally use this service to send group messages, it would be useful to give a name to the different conversations, so that you can easily distinguish them.
- Click on a group conversation and select the beginning of the conversation. Click on the icon "the"And enter the name you want to give to the group and click on end.
Remember, you can only name the group iMessages and not the group MMS messages.
How to insert or delete a person from the group
On iMessage you can insert or delete a person from the group. To do this, follow this procedure.
Only on the group iMessage all the members of the group can insert or remove a component in the conversation.
- Click on the group conversation where you want to add a component.
- Go to the beginning of the group conversation.
- Tap the "i" icon and click add contact.
- Enter all the contact details you want to add and click on end.
To remove a person from a group iMessage conversation instead, you need to have at least three other people entered. As we have already said, it is not possible to add or remove other users from MMS messages or group text messages.
- Click on the group conversation where you want to delete a component.
- Go to the beginning of the group conversation.
- Tap the "i" icon to the left on the name of the component you want to remove.
- Click now on Remove, then click on end.
If you want to discover another method to send messages to a group of people, I suggest you also read this guide.