FaceTime has made it incredibly easier to keep in touch with loved ones, especially if you live abroad or away from your family and loved ones. The Apple app allows you to spend happy moments with your loved ones and break down the barriers of distance, but unfortunately does not allow you to store a digital copy of the video call made. Once the conversation is over, in fact, there is no trace of that moment elapsed except in our memories. Fortunately, there is a method to record video calls on FaceTime. Read on to find out how.
Record video calls on FaceTime with iPhone, iPad or Mac
By following the procedures below, you will be able to record video calls made on FaceTime with an iPhone, iPad or Mac.
How to record FaceTime video calls on iPhone and iPad
Although with iOS 11 Apple has added the possibility of recording the iPhone or iPad screen, unfortunately this function is not very useful for recording video calls on FaceTime, as it will not be able to record the audio of the entire conversation. To overcome this limitation, we must employ a technique that requires the use of QuikTime.
- First of all, connect the iPhone or iPad to the Mac / PC using the lightning cable. Make sure the device is unlocked.
- Launch the QuickTime application on your Mac / PC, then go to File> New Registration movie.
- In the window that appears, click the down arrow button next to the REC button and make sure you select your iPhone or iPad in the camera section. This way, you are actually telling QuickTime to record what is happening on the iPhone or iPad screen.
- At this point, click on the red REC button on QuickTime to start recording and immediately start the FaceTime video call on your iPhone or iPad.
- When you have finished the video call, all you have to do is press the same REC button to stop recording. The FaceTime video call will be stored immediately. It will then be sufficient to go to File and select the Save item to store the recording on the computer.
How to record FaceTime video calls on Mac
Obviously, if you have a Mac and you want to make FaceTime video calls directly on your Apple computer, you can still record the call using the same technique I showed you above, obviously with some modifications. Our keystone is still the QuikTime program. Here's how.
- Open firstFaceTimeon your Mac.
- You openQuickTimeon your Mac and go to File> New Registration of screen. In this way we will record everything that will be shown on the screen of our Mac.
- Before starting recording, make sure you also record the audio. To do this, you will need to click on the small down arrow next to the REC button and select the microphone you want to use. Unless you have a connected microphone, you will need to select the internal microphone.
- At this point you just have to start recording by pressing the REC button. You can choose whether to record the entire screen – perhaps by enlarging the FaceTime window – or to select only the area occupied by the FaceTime application.
- After starting screen recording, start the FaceTime video call. Once the conversation is over, all you have to do is press the Stop button located in the top bar of the Mac menu.
As you may have noticed, the procedure to record a video call on FaceTime is quite simple. On the official website of Apple you can find more information on how to make a video call with Fice Time.
If you no longer wish to receive phone calls from unwanted people or advertising calls, read this guide on how to block unwanted calls on iPhone.
If you need to call someone with your iPhone and you don't want it to discover your phone number, then I suggest you read this guide.