With the advent of mobile phones with bigger and bigger displays, it can be a pleasant entertainment, watch videos on your mobile phone! With this simple guide you can convert a 700 mega divx into a 3gp or mp4 mobile phone extension depending on the format you prefer, and reduce it to a size between 150 and 250 Mb depending on the quality.
With a file of 250mb you get excellent movies at 320 * 240 at 25fps and audio aac at 128kbps and 44100HZ Stereo. I use this setting for my nokia N73 even if 15 fps would be the maximum usable! The program used for the conversion:
Video Converter for Nokia Smartphone 2.6
The formats that this input program supports and those that can convert are: DVD, AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, 3GP, ASF
Let's move on to the conversion, which is done in a really simple and quick way!
- First we install and start the program
- Click on Add Video and go find the file to convert and click on open
- Click on Details, which will give us the possibility to see the parameters of the movie to be converted
- In the middle of the screen we go to deselect all the mobile models, except the one you are interested in (in our case we do the test with nokia n73)
- Just below the Crop Frames item we have 3 possible choices, this function cuts the movie because, if we take a 16: 9 movie on our phone we will see 2 large black bands above the movie, to avoid this we select the first icon, which cuts several side edges, but allows you to see a better video on the small mobile display itself!
- Let's go to Output File Name and click on the disk icon and for convenience we select the Desktop Folder and save it with the name Video, so that our result will be saved in the Desktop folder with the name Video.
- We are almost at the end, we go to the Options menu under Profile Editor, to access the various conversion profiles. We select nokia n73 and from the side we set
- Format: mp4
- Video codec: mpeg4
- Video Size: 320 × 240 (if your phone does not appear on that list, ask about the size of your display and set that)
- Bitrate: 512 kbps
- Framerate: 25 fps (even if they can't be viewed on the phone, just put 15 fps)
- Audio: aac
- Bitrate: 128 kbps
- Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
- Channels: Stero
Click on apply and ok!
Let's take a look at the main screen and make sure there is a check mark on the file to convert and just below the ticking on nokia n73 and click on Convert Current.
At the bottom we will see the green bar immediately reach the end, but this can be misleading, in reality you observe just below the increasing minutes and seconds, once that value is equal to the length of the movie the conversion will be finished! In a nutshell, he says to which minute of conversion he arrived!
Good Conversion !!!!