Your Android smartphone no longer works well and the time has come to buy a new one. Whether you buy a new Android smartphone or an iPhone, the most tedious operation is to transfer apps and data from the old to the new device. We have already shown in this article how to easily transfer apps and data between two Android smartphones, now we'll see how copy data from Android to iPhonewhich apparently seems the most complex procedure, but as we shall see, it is not so.
Copy data from Android to iPhone
Move your photos, contacts, calendars and accounts from your old Android phone or tablet to your new iPhone or iPad easier than ever using a simple free app called Move to iOS. The first Apple Android app that lets your old Android device and the new Apple device talk. Through a direct Wi-Fi connection, you can transfer all your data from Android to iPhone.
If you have replaced the old Android with the new iPhone, below you will see how to copy data from Android to iPhone using a free app developed by Apple to help iPhone shoppers move from competing operating system to iOS. The app in question Move to iOSalthough it is easy to use, below you will see how to use it effectively transfer data from Android to iPhone.
How to move data from Android to iPhone or iPad with Move to iOS
The Move to iOS app transfers a lot of data, but does not transfer apps (as they are not compatible), the music or your passwords. In addition, you can transfer data from an Android phone or tablet to a iPhone or iPad with iOS 9 or later. If you have purchased the new iPhone XS or XS Max, you will have no problems.
- Your old Android smartphone.
- Your new iPhone. THEiPhone has not yet been configured. If you have already activated the iPhone, I suggest you perform a restore via iTunes so that you will be shown the initial configuration screen again.
- The first thing you need to do to copy and data from Android to iPhone is to download for free from the Google Play Store on your old Android smartphone lapp from this link:
- Configure your iPhone or iPad until you reach the screen "App and data". Follow the instructions in the initial iPhone setup process and when you are in the section App and data, select "Migrate data from Android".
- On your old Android smartphone starts the appMove to iOS.
- Tap Keep it going on both devices.
- Tap I accept is Come on on Android phone or tablet.
- Follow the directions on the screen and when prompted, on the Android device enter the ten or six digit code displayed on iPhone or iPad.
- After entering the code in Move to iOS, the Android device will connect to your iPhone or iPad via a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi connection and determine which data will be transferred.
- You will be asked if you want to transfer your Google account information (so you can quickly access your new Apple device), Chrome bookmarks, text messages, contacts and photos and videos in the camera roll. Select everything you want to move.
- When you have finished this operation, select the button Come on to start the operation.
At the end of the transfer, the duration of which may vary depending on the data to be copied to iOS, you will receive a notification on both Android and iPhone.
Your Android phone or tablet will transfer the selected data to your iPhone or iPad and insert the appropriate content into the correct apps.
Completion of the transfer process
Once the transfer process is complete, tapContinue iPhone Configuration or Continue Setting iPad on the device and continue to configure a new Apple ID or access the existing one.
Once the installation process is complete, you will be asked to log in to the accounts transferred from your old Android device. Do it and then you finish the process.
As you can see, Apple has made the procedure for transferring apps and data from Android to iPhone very easy, in order to favor the passage of the Androidians to Apple.
The duration of the transfer process varies depending on the amount of data you are transferring, especially if you were storing many photos and videos. We transferred about 400 MB of files and it took about 8 minutes to start configuring our iPhone.