(UPDATE: Release the new version ofControllers for Allto associate PS3 Controllers on iPhone and PS4. The procedure is much simpler. Here the guide)
Apple, with the many innovations introduced with iOS 7, has also added native support for game controllers, which allow you to play on iPhone and iPad using physical buttons instead of touch screens, but the Controllers have not been very successful, just for the their high cost and mediocre quality. There is good news for players. If you wish to use the PS3 Controller on iPhone to play on your iOS devices with Jailbreak, now possible.
To use the PS3 Controller on the iPhone, you must purchase the tweakControllers for Allfrom Cydia Store (ModMyi repo) for the price of 1.99 dollars, carry out the matching process with your iOS device and you can immediately use it. You will find the pairing instructions in the app settingsControllers for All, or below in this guide. In addition, the developer states that support for the DualShock controller for PS4 will come soon.
How to install PS3 Controller on iPhone:
- Have an iOS 7 device with Jailbreakcon installed Cydia.
- Open Cydia and searchControllers for All
- BuyControllers for All at a price of $ 1.99 and wait for the installation process to complete. Now press on Restart SpringBoard.
How to pair the Controller with the device:
To use the Controller on our iOS 7 devices, you must pair the Controller with the device. To do this, you must download a software calledSixPair, available for Mac, Windows and Linux. Let's see how:
Mac OS X:
- Download and installSixPair
- Connect both the PS3 Controller (concavo USB-microUSB) and the iOS device to the Mac
- Click on the Pair controller button
- Disconnect the Controller.
- Download and install Sixaxis Pair Tool
- Connect the iOS device and the PS3 Controller (USB-microUSB concave) to the Windows computer
- Run SixaxisPairTool and enter the Bluetooth address on your iOS device (it can be found in Settings> General> Info> Bluetooth)
- Click Update and disconnect the Controller.
- Download and install SixPair
- Connect your iOS device and the PS3 Controller (concave USB-microUSB) to your Linux PC
- Run SixPair and enter the Bluetooth address as the first CLI parameter on your iOS device
- Disconnect the controller
After connecting the PS3 Controller to the iPhone or iPad, all you need to do is open any game on your device. Controllers for All supports most iOS games. At this point you only need to replace the touch controls with the physical ones of the PS3 Controller. Below I attach a video where you can see the impressive result of this combination. Good fun.