OnePlus X was launched on the market in November and the version for it has already been made available install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X. The TWRP version is not the official one, so there may be some bugs and some features may be missing. Despite this, the basic functions like ROM flashing, backup and advanced settings work very well. This version of TWRP works with all models of OnePlus X, including the Chinese version that can be purchased on different international stores.
After you have installed a modified recovery such as TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X, you can start flashing custom packages like new ROMs or the SuperSU package to get root permissions. Before proceeding, the bootloader of your OnePlus X must be unlocked.
An ADBe Fastboot installation is also required to proceed with this guide. If you've never used these tools, don't worry, I'll explain everything you need to complete the TWRP Recovery installation on OnePlus X.
Caution:if you get root permissions on your smartphone you may lose the warranty. At Guideitech we are not responsible for any damage caused to your device or the smartphone is damaged during the execution of the procedure.
- The first thing you need to do is download a copy of the TWRP compatible with OnePlus X. You can do it through this link.
- Download the ADB and Fastboot package from this link.
- Although this procedure does not delete the data on the smartphone, a strongly recommended system backup.
- This guide is only compatible with OnePlus X. Do not try it on another device.
How to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X
After downloading everything you need for this guide, you can proceed with the TWRP Recovery installation on OnePlus X.
- Go to the smartphone Settings -> Developer options and enables the voice USB debugging. If not present the item Developer options, go to Settings -> Device Info and click 7 times on the item Build number.
- Estai the contents of the archive mfastboot-v2.zip, previously downloaded, in a folder.
- Copy inside the folder just extracted the file en-recovery-TWRP-onyx-.img.
- Rename the file en-recovery-TWRP-onyx-.img in recovery.img.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC and, when prompted, click Always allow on this computer that will appear on the OnePlus X display.
- Now turn off the device and disconnect it from the PC.
- Restart it in bootloader mode. To do this, hold down the keys Volume down + Power until you see the bootloader screen appear.
- Connect the smartphone to the PC.
- From the PC, open the folder mfastboot-v2, hold down the button Shift, right click in an empty space inside this folder and select Open command window here.
- The command prompt will open. Type these commands in sequence to unlock the bootloader and press enter:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
- After unlocking, restart your smartphone, go to Settings -> Developer options and enables the voice Allow oem unlock.
- Turn the smartphone off again and restart it in fastboot mode by keeping the keys pressed Volume down + Power as done previously.
- With the smartphone connected to the PC, in the command prompt type these commands in sequence:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
At this point wait for the completion of the operation, after which the TWRP Recovery will be installed on OnePlus X. To verify the correct execution of the guide, turn off the smartphone and turn it on by keeping the keys pressed. Volume up + Power.
If you encounter problems with this guide to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X, write to us through the comments at the end of the article.