Despite being a smartphone of 2015, the new update to Android Marshmallow up Galaxy A3not yet arrived and it is not known if this device will be updated.
Knowing Samsung, we believe the Galaxy A3 have a 50 percent chance of receiving the update to AndroidMarshmallow, as the device falls into the category of mid-range phones that are often abandoned by the company about a year after its release. Samsung has been very slow in releasing updates even for its flagship devices. Suffice it to say that the adAndroid Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6 and Note 5 series only took place in selected markets, while other phones such as the Galaxy S5, Note 4, Note Edge and others are still on the waiting list.
Ecological prerequisites to remember before installing the custom ROM
- This new CyanogenMod CM13 custom ROM for Android 6.0 Marshmallow needs to be installed only on Samsung Galaxy A3of the 2015 series – SM-A300F, SM-A300H isSM-A300M. If installed on other devices, it could be irreparably damaged (to check the model of the vaisu device Settings >> Info on the phone >> model number).
- Even if the installation of the customized ROM improves the device's performance and user interface experience, it makes the manufacturer's warranty decay; the company will no longer be required to provide updates in the future (You can still restore the warranty by installing the original Samsung firmware).
- Make sure your device has a custom recovery installed before proceeding with the ROM installation. Our advice is to install TWRP Recovery or CWM Recovery.
- The installation of the custom ROM requires the deletion of the phone memory, therefore it is recommended to make a backup of all sensitive data.
- Make sure the USB drivers are installed on the PC or the device (Samsung Galaxy A5) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure the device has a battery charge of over 80%, or there is the possibility that the phone goes in brick if the installation process is interrupted.
WARNINGS: This procedure must be performed by a person with a good knowledge of Android device modding. If the following installation process is not carried out correctly, there is the possibility of damaging the smartphone and sending it to the brick state or having irreparable damage. Guideitechnon can be held responsible for any damages or complaints from readers, if the procedure does not give the requested results or if the smartphone is in brick state. Thus, users are advised to proceed with caution.
Download the necessary files
- CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy A3:LINK
- Google Apps:LINK
- USB Driver (Samsung Kies): LINK
CyanogenMod CM13 Android Marshmallow custom ROM installation on Galaxy A3
Step 1: Download the CyanogenMod CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM and the Google Apps on your PC using the previous links.
Step2: Connect Samsung Galaxy A3 to your PC via USB cable.
Step3: Transfer the .zip file of the custom ROMCyanogenMod Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 and the Google Apps file in .zip format to the phone's SD memory card. (Note: It is recommended to paste the .zip files into the SD card root to facilitate installation, not in other folders).
Note: Before starting the installation of the customized software, make sure the device has the CWMRecovery or TWRP Recovery.
Step4: Turn off the device and disconnect it from the PC.
step5: Run the normal reboot in recovery mode by holding down the Volume Up + Home + Power keys until the recovery screen appears.
Step 6: After starting the smartphone in recovery mode, clear the phone memory by selecting “wipe data / factory yieldst ".
Note: use the "Volume" keys to navigate and the "Power" button to select options, during use in recovery mode.
Step 7: Clear the cache memory by selecting "wipe cache".
Passo8: Return to the main menu of the Discovery, select "advanced"And click on"WipeDalvik cache".
Note: this step is optional, but let's follow this procedure so that the user will not have to face boot cycles or other errors when installing custom ROM.
Passo9:Return to the main recovery screen and then click on "install zip fromSD card".
Passo10:Select "Choosezip fromsdcardAnd look for the .zip file of the ROM located in the SD card and start the installation process by clicking on it. Repeat the same procedure for installing Google Apps.
Note: use the "Volume" buttons to navigate and the "Power" button to select options.
Step 11: Once the installation process is done, switch to "+++++ Go Back +++++"And restart the device by selecting"reboot system now”Which you find in the main recovery menu.
Now the device (Samsung Galaxy A3) will take a few minutes to complete the reboot process.
After the process is complete, go to Settings >> select Phone Information to check that the installation of the custom ROM CyanogenMod Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 has been successful.
For any problem or updates of the Android Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy A3 you can leave your feedback on Forum XDA going to this LINK.