After months of work and research, the team Pangu, known hacker team for several years in search of vulnerabilities of iOS, released the IOS 9 jailbreakfor all versions. Using the tool provided by Pangu, it is possible to perform the Jailbreak on all compatible devices with installed iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9.0.2, iOS 9.1, iOS 9, .2, iOS 9.3, iOS 9.3.1, iOS 9.3.2 and iOS 9.3.3. This is great news for iPhone and iPad owners with iOS 9. In fact, they will be able to run the Jailbreak and use Cydia to install apps and tweaks that normally cannot be published on the App Store, because it is not in line with Apple's terms and conditions.
If you have an iPhone or iPad with iOS 9 installed, this guide will show you how to safely jailbreak. I remind you that by performing this procedure, your iOS device is more exposed to potential risks coming from the internet, so be careful with what you install from Cydia after running the iOS 9 Jailbreak.
How to run iOS 9.2 / 9.3.3 Jailbreak on iPhone and iPad
Not all devices updated to iOS 9 are compatible with Pangu Jailbreak. The following will tell you which devices and versions of iOS the Pangu tool can be used to perform the Jailbreak.
If on your device installed a version of iOS lower than iOS 9.1 (then iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9.0.2 and iOS 9.1) then you must use the Pangu tool guide present in the article guide to the Jailbreak iOS 9.1 iPhone and iPad . If instead on your device installed a version of iOS higher than iOS 9.2 (from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3) then you can use the Pangu tool only on devices with 64-bit processor. This is the list of devices supplied with this processor and fully compatible with Pangu's iOS 9 Jailbreak:
- iPhone 6S;
- iPhone 6S Plus;
- iPhone 6;
- iPhone 6 Plus;
- iPhone 5S;
- iPhone SE;
- iPad Pro 12.9;
- iPad Pro 9.7;
- iPad Air 2;
- iPad Air;
- iPad mini 4;
- iPad mini 3;
- iPad mini 2;
- iPod Touch 6G.
If you have one of the devices listed above, then you can run the Jailbreak on any version of iOS 9. In the case of a device with a 32-bit processor, you can currently get the Jailbreak only if you have iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0 .2 through the aforementioned guide. After checking if your device is compatible, you can proceed with the guide.
Before proceeding with the guide below, please present the Pangu tool in Chinese language and usable only through PC, I suggest you read the new guide we have prepared with the Pangu tool in English and usable both on PC and on Mac:Guide jailbreak ios 9.3.3 Pangu in English. PC and Mac.
Before proceeding with the good practice, make a complete backup of the device. Although the internal memory of the iPhone and iPad is not formatted with this procedure, the problems are just around the corner. If the process fails and the formatting is required to recover the device, the backup would help you recover all your data.
There are two options for backing up your iOS device.
Backup via iCloud
The first involves the use of iCloud directly from the device. To check if your iPhone or iPad backs up via iCloud, go to Settings -> iCloud -> Backup and check if the option ICloud backup active. If this is not the case, you can enable it and wait for the device to perform a complete backup. If this option is already active, check when the last automatic iCloud backup was performed. If it is not recent, you can select Back up now to start the procedure and have all new messages, photos and anything else stored on iCloud.
Backup via iTunes
Should you not have enough space on iCloud to back up or you prefer to speed up the operation, you can decide to perform a full backup via iTunes.
- To do this, connect the device to your PC or Mac.
- Start iTunes (if you don't have iTunes installed on your Windows PC, you can download it from this link).
- Select your device via the bar at the top.
- Under the heading Backup automatically select This computer.
- Click the button Back up now to start the backup process of your iPhone or iPad.
At the end of the backup operation, you are ready to be able to perform the Jailbreak on your iPhone and iPad updated to any version of iOS 9.
Jailbreak Guide iOS 9.2 / 9.3.3
After checking if your device is compatible with the Pangu tool and having your device backed up, you can proceed with the guide to install iOS 9 Jailbreak. Currently the guide is compatible only with Windows PC.
- Download the PP25 program on your Windows computer from this link.
- Make sure iTunes isn't running on your PC. At this point the program startspphelper_184.108.40.2062_25pp_00119_Setup.exedownloaded previously.
- The interface currently only in Chinese. A button will appear in the center of the screen. Press it to continue.
- This button will download and install a new program on the PC. At the end of the operation you will find a tool icon with a name that starts withPP.
- Connect your updated iPhone or iPad to iOS 9 to your PC.
- Start the tool and, when a popup appears, click on the green button to start the Jailbreak installation procedure.
- Wait for the tool to perform all the necessary operations. It may take some time.
- When a new window with a code appears on the PC, enter it in the related box and press the green button to continue.
- Should a window appear in which the writing is readApple ID, enter your Apple ID account email and password and press the green button to proceed. Not all users see this screen.
- At the end of the operations, you will see that a new icon will appear on your device.
- Now go inSettings->General->Profiles, select the present profile and then click onAuthorize this developer.
- Go back to the Home Page and click on the new icon. When requested, accept the app's invitation to send notifications.
- Click on the circular button and lock the iPhone or iPad screen.
- Wait for a notification from the newly installed app.
- Within a few seconds you will receive a second notification regarding the correct installation of Cydia. Unlock the device to allow the end of the Jailbreak installation.
When the tool has finished all operations, the device will reboot and you will be ready to use the Jailbreak on your iPhone and iPad with any version of iOS 9.
What to do when you restart your iOS device
The new Jailbreak released by Pangu semi-tethered. This means that every time you restart the device you will have to run the Jailbreak again in order to continue using Cydia. Not necessary to connect iPhone or iPad to the PC to be able to run the Jailbreak again. simply start the Pangu tool on the iOS device and follow the few instructions listed above in the guide, and you can continue to use Cydia and all the tweaks and apps installed. For this reason, don't delete the tool on your iOS device.
To verify that everything was done correctly, make sure there is a license in the store Cydia in the Home of your device. At this point you can start to install your favorite speakers. In this article we recommend the best 20 iOS 9 free tweak jailbreaks.
Make the iPhone and iPad Jailbreak updated to any version of iOS 9 a very simple operation. It is always good practice to pay close attention when performing these types of procedures. If you encounter any problems, you can write to us through the comments at the end of this article.