To improve the final version of its operating systems and fix the greatest number of bugs, Apple has decided to give the possibility to all device supporters iOS of install iOS 10 public beta. In one of our articles we showed how to install iOS 10 beta on iPhone and iPad, but the version included in this guide is reserved for registered developers alliOS Developer Program.
UPDATE:on September 7, Apple released iOS 10 Golden Master. You can install it in preview by reading our guide to install iOS 10 Golden Master on iPhone and iPad.
How to install iOS 10 public beta
Before proceeding with the installation of iOS 10 public beta, you need to check if your device is compatible with the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system. This is the list of all the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch compatible with the update:
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5
- iPad Pro 12.9
- iPad Pro 9.7
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 4th generation
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPod Touch 6th generation
If your iOS device does not fit into this list then you cannot install iOS 10 public beta. If you have a compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then keep reading this guide.
- An Apple ID account (the one you used to configure your iOS device and use to download apps from the App Store).
- Make a backup copy of the entire device. At the end of the installation the data will not be deleted, but it is always good to make a backup in case you encounter problems. You can make a backup either via iCloud or via iTunes by connecting the device to your PC or Mac.
- If you have participated in the iOS 9 public beta program in the past, you must remove the certificate from the device. To do this, go in Settings -> General -> Profiles, select the Apple profile for iOS 9 and delete it.
The process of upgrading to iOS 10 public beta is very simple.
- First, access the official iOS beta website via the browser on the iOS device on which you want to upgrade.
- Select Sign in and log in with your Apple ID data.
- A screen will appear with the conditions of the public beta contract. Scroll down the page and select Accept.
- Make sure it's selected iOS, scroll down the page and click on enroll your iOS device.
- Scroll through the new page that opens and select the button Download profile.
- An iOS settings page will open with details of the iOS 10 beta certificate to be installed. Select the button Install top right to confirm.
- If entered, enter the iOS unlock code and then accept the terms and conditions by selecting the button again Install.
- You will be asked to restart the device. Select Rivvia and wait for the iOS device to complete successfully.
- Now go in Settings -> General -> Software update and you will see the update to iOS 10 public beta appear. Select Download and install and wait for the new operating system to be downloaded and installed.
I advise you to connect to a Wi-Fi network and to the power outlet to avoid any sort of problem during the installation phase.
How to return to iOS 9
iOS 10 public beta, as can be seen from the name, an operating system still in the testing phase. For this reason you may encounter several problems during its use. For this reason, if you want to return to a stable version of iOS (currently the latest stable version iOS 9.3.3), what you need to do is connect the iOS device to the PC or Mac, start iTunes and perform a restore.
iTunes will take care of downloading the latest stable version of iOS 9 and installing it on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Remember that all data on the device will be deleted and you will not be able to restore the backup made with iOS 10 (but you will be able to restore the backup made at the beginning of iOS 9).
If you encounter problems during the procedure to install iOS 10 public beta, you can write via the comments at the end of this article.