GIFs have become very popular in recent times. The reason for their popularity is that they are smaller in size than videos and convey much more information than a static image. At most 3, 5 seconds, a GIF is an infinite loop animation that stores multiple frames of the animation. You can easily get GIFs on the most popular online websites, but create your own GIF and see it trending on the Internet much more satisfying than downloading one. If you have a Mac, there are simple methods you can use to create GIFs on it. So, if there was a time when you were in your life asking how to create GIFs on macOS, here's how you do it:
Create GIFs on Mac using third-party apps
While some of you may think you need an exceptional Photoshop ability to create those magical GIFs. Not literally so difficult. There are some fantastic apps available on the Mac App Store that make it really easy to create a GIF on your Mac. So let's check out the best of them, right?
GIF Brewery 3
This is an excellent app, as it allows you to create a GIF on anything, whether it's videos on your laptop or those on the Internet.
1. To start creating a GIF, download and install the app from the Mac App Store. Once the app is installed, start it. When the app is launched, you'll see that it offers you various ways to create a GIF . You can create a GIF by importing a video or link, recording the screen and recording from the integrated camera.
2. Most of us will create the GIF by importing a video or a linkso let's do it. Click on the open video link and import an existing video to your Mac.
4. On the timeline, set timers of beginning and end on the desired time that contains the GIF material.
5. Click on the text field for add any text, if desired. You can also crop or resize the video if you wish or you can add stickers. All available in the upper toolbar. When you're done, click Create and then save the GIF.
The same process will be repeated also for other methods. Click on the method with which you want to create GIFs and follow the same procedure.
There is a problem with GIF Brewery 3. If you want to create a GIF by inserting a link, the app first downloads the video and then lets you convert it to GIF. This can be a big problem if the video you're looking at is big, because it will take a lot of time to download the video. here GIPHY Capture comes into play. The app features an overlay on the screen and only record the part you want to convert to GIF . To learn how to do it, let's create a GIF from youtube, but first download the app by visiting the App Store.
1. Open a browser and upload the video, then start the app. Adjust the app window based on the size of the video player in the browser and click record . Make sure you record a longer clip so you can crop it later. Remember, when you start recording, everything fades a bit compared to the recording window.
Suggestion: use the play button and keyboard pauses while you are adjusting the size of the app window (F8).
3. Double-click on the video to open the edit window. Minimize the registration window and edit the clip in the edit window. Here you can set the start and end point, decide the pixel size of the GIF, select the type of loop and the frame rate . After finishing the changes, you can directly upload the GIF to GIPHY or save it on your Mac.
Are you ready to create your GIFs on Mac?
Creating really easy GIFs and a fun exercise on your Mac. I tried the apps above on my MacBook Pro 2016 with MacOS High Sierra and they worked pretty well. So, you too can create GIFs on your MacBooks that could become viral on the Internet. So, everything ready to create GIFs on macOS? Well, share your best creations with us and if you have any doubts or suggestions regarding the creation of GIFs on Mac, remove them in the comment sections.