Google has just launched a new payment app called Tez in India. The app allows you to send and receive money directly into your bank accounts without the need to use an online wallet. It also allows you to make commercial payments both offline and online. The app uses the Unified Payment Interface or UPI to carry out these activities. If you live in India, you must have already heard of UPI. Basically, an initiative of the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) to bring a secure and secure payment method that works instantly. On the Play Store there are many famous apps that use this payment gateway. Some of the most popular are the BHIM app from PhonePe and NPIC.
In addition to these, most banks in India have launched their own UPI-based apps. It is likely that some of you are already using a UPI app. Now, with Tez in the market, the question: should you switch or not? Well, this is what we will try to answer in this article. First, we'll go through the installation process. Once we have completed the Tez configuration, we will learn how to use this app and take a look at its main features. At the end of the article, I'm sure you'll be able to decide, whether to use Tez or not, on your own.
Note : Tez available for both Android and iOS. I'm using my Android device (OnePlus 3) for this tutorial, but the process will be similar for both operating systems.
Set Tez on Android or iOS
If you have ever used a UPI app before, you will know how easy it is to configure such an application. So let's move on to the steps.
1. Download and install the Tez app by clicking on the link (Android, iOS) or search for Tez in the Play Store / App Store and download from l.
2. Once installed, start the app e choose the language to start with . In addition to English and Hindi, there are also a couple of state languages you can choose from. Once finished choosing, press the "next arrow" in the top right corner of your device .
3. Here, Enter your mobile number you registered with your bank and touch the next arrow. Now the app will ask you to grant it certain permissions. Tap on to allow all permissions.
4. On this page, Google will ask you to choose your email account which will be used to create your UPI ID . Tap the down arrow and choose the one you want to use.
5. Here, you can choose to unlock the app using the lock screen or you can set a separate PIN . This will be used to unlock the app every time you launch it. I have chosen to create a new Google PIN, but you can choose one of the options.
6. We are now inside the app. Here, Google will first give you some information regarding the app. You can skip them by simply touching your screen, as we'll go through them anyway.
7. Now, the first thing we need to do is add our bank account. Tap the "ADD BANK ACCOUNT" button in the upper left corner device and select your bank.
Now we will create a UPI PIN which will be used to authenticate the transaction. The installation process will be different for people who have already created a UPI PIN and those who have not. So, we'll take a look at both separately.
Users who have already created a UPI PIN
8. After selecting the bank in step 7, the app will inform you that you have already created a UPI PIN. That's enough tap the "SEND UPI PIN" button at the bottom and enter the PIN to log in to your account.
Users who have not created a UPI PIN
9. After selecting the bank in step 7, the app will ask you to create your UPI PIN. Tap the "Proceed" button. On the next page, you will be asked to enter your debit card information . Just enter the required information and tap the next arrow.
10. Your bank will send you an OTP to confirm the addition of your debit card. Enter the OTP and enter the PIN you want to create . Confirm the PIN in the next step and the game done.
How to use Tez to send and receive money
Now, there are many ways you can send or receive money using Tez. The best part is that, in addition to including all the usual UPI payment methods, Google has included a very innovative payment method that allows you to send or receive money from a nearby person without revealing your account information or phone number. 'else. Let's take a look at all the different ways you can send money using Tez.
Use of account information
1. This is the most conventional method of sending or receiving money. To do it, that's enough tap the "New" button in the lower left corner screen and select the account number.
2. Here, add account information and then tap "Proceed" . Now you can add the amount of money you want to send. You can also add a note to remember why you made these transactions. Now press the "okay" button at the bottom right .
3. Touch "Proceed to pay" and enter the UPI PIN to confirm . Payment will be made After the payment has been made, this account will be added to your app. From the next time, you can simply click on the information added to send the money.
Using the UPI ID
1. To send money using the UPI ID, you need to know the UPI ID for that person. Your UPI ID is generated whenever you register on a supported UPI app like Tez. To see your UPI ID on Tez, that's enough touch your name in the upper right corner . You can share your UPI ID with anyone you want to receive money.
2. To send money, on the new page, tap the "UPI, QR, Phone" option and then select UPI ID .
3. Enter the UPI ID of the person to whom you want to send money and then press "verify". The app will verify the UPI ID. Just press OK and you will be redirected to the transaction page. Here tap "Pay" to send money and "Request" to receive money . Once payment is reached, the process will be similar to steps 2 and 3 of the previous method.
Using the QR code
1. Tap the 3-point menu in the upper right corner and touch the "Scan QR" code. By the way, you can also here tap the "QR Code" button and the app will show your QR code which you can use to receive money. After touching the "Scan QR" code option, the application will open a scanner to scan the code. After a successful scan, the app will automatically fill in the payment information. Just enter the money and proceed with the payment as we did before.
Using the phone number
1. You can send money directly using only the phone number of the users who are already on Tez. That's enough tap the "New" button and select the "Phone" option .
2. Enter the phone number and press "Verify" . Just like before, proceed with the process and complete the transaction.
Use of cash mode
This is the payment method that changes the game and wants you to change from other UPI apps. Using this method, you can send or receive money without sharing any credentials. When using this method, the app generates an ultra-sonic QR code that can be read by other phones which are nearby. Let's see how it works.
1. Tap the "Tap for Cash Mode" button. Now if you want send the money, do scroll the button towards' tall towards the Pay option. If you want to receive the money, slide the button to the bass to the Receive button.
2. Suppose I am the payer and someone else is receiving the money. Slide to the Pay button and the receiver will scroll to the button "You receive" .
3. In a few moments, Tez will recognize the receiver and be able to send the money in an instant without sharing credentials with one another.
As you can see, there are many ways to transfer money using the Tez app. However, the "Cash Mode" will be a turning point. I don't have to share credentials or scan a QR code. Users can simply use the ultrasonic sound to recognize the other person and send the money. It will be very useful if traders across the country start using the app. You will be able to pay in an instant.
Tez: the best payment app in India?
On the day of Tez's launch, many users complain about various bugs in the app. However, at the time of writing this article, I had no problem using this app. As more people begin to adopt this app, I believe this can easily become the most popular and favorite UPI basic payment app in India. I love the Cash Mode function. I think that in the future this method will become the default approach for nearby payments. What do you think? Do you like what you've seen now? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below. Also, if you install the app, share your experience with us.