WhatsApp one of the most popular messaging apps, boasting a large user base of over 1, 5 billion people. The app facilitates easy communication around the world and has become the preferred application for many people. Among all we do on WhatsApp there are hundreds of images and videos that we receive every day on various groups and personal chats. These WhatsApp media files can quickly turn the phone gallery into a messy mess. So if you want to make sure that your WhatsApp content is not displayed in your phone's gallery, here's how you can hide it.
Note: the function to hide WhatsApp photos from the gallery already available on iOS, but currently in beta for Android devices. Get out soon.
Hide all WhatsApp photos and videos from the gallery
If you are like me, and receive countless GIFs, images and videos on WhatsApp every single day, chances are you would simply like to prevent them all from turning the phone gallery app into a desert of memes. With a new update, WhatsApp has made this incredibly easy to do; simply follow the steps below.
Note : le images and videos previously downloaded will still be displayed in the phone gallery. This setting only prevents new images from being displayed.
Hide all WhatsApp supports on Android phones
- In the WhatsApp app, tap the three-point menu icon top right, then tap Settings .
- Here, go up "Chat" and uncheck the box next to " Show media files in the gallery ".
so, from now on, any photo and video of WhatsApp will not be displayed in the gallery of your phone.
Hide all WhatsApp media in iPhone:
- In the WhatsApp app on iPhone, go up Settings so go up "Chat".
- Here, turn off the switch next to " Save in camera roll ".
Hide photos and videos of WhatsApp from specific people and groups
In case you want to prevent WhatsApp photos and videos of a specific person or a particular group from being displayed in your phone's gallery, you can simply follow the steps below.
Hide WhatsApp media from specific people and groups on Android
- In the WhatsApp app, open chat or group chat from you want to hide the photos. Therefore, touch the contact's name or group .
- Here, touch " Average visibility "and choose" No " . Touch "OK" and the game done.
Hide WhatsApp media from specific people and groups on iPhone
- In WhatsApp, open the chat or group whose photos you want to hide. Touch the contact's name or group.
- Here, tap "Save media for camera roll" and choose "No".
so, from now on, the photos and videos you receive from that particular contact or group will no longer be displayed in your gallery or in your camera roll.
Keep your gallery clean
Now that you know how to prevent WhatsApp photos and videos from appearing in your gallery, go ahead and block all media received from your gallery, or simply choose specific contacts or groups that send spam to your gallery with GIFs and memes. With this new feature, WhatsApp has ensured that it is not necessary to use any convoluted work to prevent WhatsApp images from being displayed in your gallery app. If you have any doubts about these methods, let me know in the comments below, and I will try to help you.