On the other hand, the branding it includes activities that create a name or image of a product, occupying a place in the mind of the consumer. It's not just people who choose your product over the competition, but they also see your product as the ultimate solution to their problem. Helps build long-term relationships with customers.
In this article, you can find the necessary differences between marketing and branding.
|Sense||A series of activities carried out by the company to bring together buyers and sellers to promote the exchange of goods and services. Marketing.||Branding is the practice of assigning a brand to a product, which helps consumers to recognize and identify the company that produces it.|
|For who?||For business||For the customers|
|What does he do?||Grow customers||Builds customer loyalty|
|Influences||The immediate decision of the customer to buy.||Buy decision leaving an impact on the consumer's mind.|
|Value||Promotes the expected value||Strengthens value|
|unit||Periodic sales||Lasting reputation|
|Speak to||Audience expected||emotions|
Definition of marketing
Marketing defined as the management process, which brings together the company and consumers, which translates into the exchange of goods and services for consideration. It includes a range of activities, namely exploration, creation, advertising, sales and supply of products or services that are of value to people with a profit. It is not just about telling and selling, but it includes all the activities carried out to acquire customers and build a relationship with them.
The process involves the identification of the requirements of the customers not satisfied, the determination of the size of the target market and the profit aspects, the assessment of which unit of the company will best serve the customers, the promotion of the products or services with the aim to sell, build relationships with customers and customers and much more.
The basics of marketing can be understood as a combination and coordination of 4P, ie product, price, place and promotion called the marketing mix.
Definition of Branding
To understand the term branding, first of all, you need to know what a brand is? A brand name, logo, sign, brand, slogan or a combination of these, used to recognize and differentiate products or services from other sellers. Branding is a set of activities that involves creating a distinct and memorable name or image for a product or service that occupies a place in the consumer's mind, using advertising tools.
Key differences between marketing and branding
The differences between marketing and branding can be easily understood with the following points:
- Marketing a series of activities carried out by the company to bring together buyers and sellers to promote the exchange of goods and services. On the other hand, branding is the practice of assigning a brand to a product, which helps consumers to recognize and identify the company that produces it.
- Marketing for businesses, while the brand for customers.
- Marketing is used to cultivate customers, while the brand is used to create trust and brand loyalty among customers.
- Marketing influences the customer's immediate response to the purchase. Contrary to the brand that influences the purchase decision leaving an impact on the consumer's mind.
- Marketing reveals the advantages of the product or service offered by the company. On the contrary, branding shows dreams.
- When it comes to strategy, marketing is a boost, but branding is strong.
- If we talk about value, marketing promotes the desired value, but branding creates one.
- The end result of marketing is sales. On the contrary, the brand carries a lasting reputation.
- Marketing aims to create customer needs. Unlike branding, this aims to build a strong and healthy relationship with customers.
- Marketing speaks to the target audience. On the contrary, branding speaks to emotions.
Marketing the first step taken by the company to cultivate the needs of consumers and a market for their products. Unlike the brand, which follows marketing and aims to create value for customers.