Samsung engineers have long worked on the latest update for their devices. But after months of waiting he was released Galaxy S7 update to Android 7.0 Nougathe was born inGalaxy S7 Edge. Upgrading to the new Android operating system is strongly recommended. It allows you to use all the new features presented by Googlelast year. There are two ways to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge (read this guide).
The simplest mode allows updating directly from the smartphone. But this solution cannot always be performed. For example, Samsung has not yet sent the update to your smartphone. Or you have installed a custom ROM and you can't receive the official Samsung update directly.
If you fall into this second statistic, you will need to use the second method, which allows the installation of the firmware via PC. It allows you both to update an old version of the official Samsung firmware, and to return to the original firmware from a custom ROM, by installing the Nougat version 7.0 Android.
Update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.0 Nougat model SM-G930F
If you want to know how to perform Galaxy S7 update to Android 7.0 Nougat, in this guide you will be shown how to do it using the second method, working both if you have an official firmware and a custom ROM.
NOTE: this guide is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S7template SM-G930F. Do not try to run it on other models of this smartphone, otherwise you may damage the device completely. To see which model you own just go to Settings -> Device Info and read the model of your smartphone.
- The battery must be at least 60% charged. In the event that it should be discharged during the installation procedure you could damage the device.
- Use, if possible, the USB-microUSB cable supplied with the smartphone.
- Make a backup of all your sensitive data, as the smartphone will be formatted by performing this procedure.
- For this guide you need to use a PC with Windows installed.
- Download the Odin 3.12.3 tool on your PC and extract it.
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F. At the end of the download, extract the archive to obtain a file with the extension .tar.md5. free registration is required on the Sammobile website to be able to download.
- On the PC start the tool odin3.
- Turn off your smartphone completely and start it in Download mode. To do this, hold down the keys simultaneously Volume Gi + Home + Power until a screen with a warning message appears. At this point release the three buttons and press the button Volume Up to enter Download mode.
- Connect the smartphone to the PC via the USB-microUSB cable.
- Wait for the PC to recognize the device. At this point on the Odin tool you will see the box under the heading ID: COM blue color. If not, make sure you install the Samsung Galaxy S7 drivers on your PC.
- Now click on the button AP and, from the navigation window, select the file with extension .tar.md5 downloaded previously.
- Now press the button Start and wait for the installation to complete, which will be reported to you by changing the color of the box ID: COM from blue to green.
After installation, disconnect the smartphone from the PC and restart it manually. The first startup may take longer than expected. Don't worry, everything is normal. After rebooting, you can start using Android 7.0 Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy S7 model SM-G930F.
The procedure completes the Galaxy S7 update to Android 7.0 very simple. If you encounter any problems or have any doubts, do not hesitate to contact us by leaving a comment at the end of this article.
If you have a Galaxy S7 you may also be interested in how to start the device in Recovery Mode.
In this guide you will find the procedure to get root permissions on the Galaxy S7.