When we use the applications on iPhone is iPad, these store some information on the device to perform operations and speed up processes. After a period of use of the devices, the size of these temporary files grow out of all proportion, causing a slowdown in the applications, which will no longer be as reactive as the first time they were installed. In this case you need PhoneClean how to free up spaceand clean from useless fileson your device.
Thanks to the free application PhoneClean, available for Windows and forMac OSX, You can delete all these files, gaining in storage memory and in application speed, keeping the iDevice always performing. Let's see how to download and use PhoneCleanfree from the developer's website.
PhoneClean how to free up space and speed up applications on the iPhone
Note: before continuing with the guide make sure you have iTunes installed on your computer.
- First you need to download the application PhoneClean directly from the developer's website that you find at this link and then perform the installation.
- At the end of the installation, start the application. You'll find yourself in front of a screen that will indicate the operations to be performed to free the iPhone or iPad from useless files. Connect the device to the PC or Mac using the USB cable supplied with the device.
- Wait for that PhoneClean recognize the device iOS. A summary screen will appear that will show the space occupied and allow you to select which files you want to delete:
- Temp and Junk Fles: they are all temporary files that are created when applications need to process some data or exchange data via the network
- Cache and Off-line Files: are the images, icons or media files downloaded from various applications
- Cookie and Script Files: are those files created by applications when they need to access the internet
- Sync-failed Media Files: are those corrupt files generated by a synchronization terminated unexpectedly on your device
The advice is to select all the boxes, so as to eliminate all these files that are useless to the user.
- After selecting the files you want to delete, click on the button Start Scan and wait for that PhoneClean scan the whole device.
- At the end of the scan you will be informed of the space that will be freed. Selecting the button Clean Up will start cleaning the system.
The overall duration of the operation depends on the number of files to be scanned. At the end of the procedure you will notice a noticeable improvement, especially during the use of applications such as WhatsApp and Facebook, which retain many temporary files when we open photos or send multimedia files. I suggest you also read this article which explains PhoneClean better how to free up space on your iPhone.