A CSV file, which is the abbreviation of a file format of values separated by commas, allows you to store large amounts of information in a file that can be opened with spreadsheet applications such as Microsoft Excel, or Apple Numbers, just like other spreadsheet files. This is a great way to keep a backup of contacts with all the information, which can be restored whenever you have a catastrophic crash on mobile devices, and in this guide you will show as possible export iPhone contacts to an Excel file or in a CSV file.
How to export iPhone contacts to an Excel or CSV file
If you have an iPhone with a large number of contacts and you're afraid of losing them in the event of a sudden device crash, I'll tell you right away that you're in a position to export iPhone contacts to an Excel file either through a Mac / PC or an iOS device . If you continue reading, I will show you both methods.
Create a CSV file from the contacts in your iCloud account
The most convenient way to export iPhone contacts to an Excel file using a Mac or PC, for sure iCloud.com, which can be accessed from any device connected to the internet. Follow these steps to get the result in the fastest way.
1) Go to iniCloud.com via your favorite web browser and log in with credentials.
2) Now click on the app Contacts from the list of services provided.
3) Then, wait for the contacts to be loaded and then click on the icon Settings in the lower left part of the web page.
4) From the drop-down list, click on the option Select all to make sure you have all the contacts selected before proceeding to the next step.
5) Once you have selected them all, click on Settings once again, and this time click VCard export …
6) A file vCard will now be downloaded to the Download Of computer.
7) Open the web browser once more and visit the following URL:
8) Click on the button Choose file and select the file vCard downloaded previously. Then, configure the other options as in the following image:
Once you've configured the options, click the button Convert.
9) A file CSV will be downloaded to the folder Download Of computer:
10) Check the file by opening it in Microsoft Excel or Apple Numbers. The method of opening a different CVS file based on Excel versions. Usually the procedure is to open a new Excel document, go to the sectionData and look for the item Import / upload external data and from here open the CVS file saved on the computer.
Are you done! You will see the contacts that will be organized by name and all information will be displayed in the calculation sheet.
Create an Excel file of contacts on iPhone or iPad
If you need to create an Excel file of your Contacts using your mobile device, be it an iPhone or iPad, you simply need to use a free application called SA Contacts Lite which allows you to create an XLS file for Microsoft Excel or Apple Numbers.
To this end, follow this procedure:
1) Download and install the app SA Contacts Liteon your iOS device.
2) Start the application, and when asked to give access to your contacts, allow it.
3) Click on the blue start button, then from the next interface click on the button Other.
4) Select the desired output source for the XLS file. We can save the file even on Dropbox if it is more convenient.
5) Access your selected service. Since we have chosen Dropbox, you will be asked to log in to Dropbox.
6) Next, click on the blue button Keep it goingand the upload process will begin by sending the file to our Dropbox account.
7) When the application tell you that the complete procedure, click onOK.
8) Open it on your Mac or PC. In our case, Dropbox. The file in Excel's XLS format is stored in the Dropbox folder waiting to be opened.
9) Open the file to make sure everything is in place. You can open the file with Microsoft Excel or Apple Numbers.
This all! All your contacts will be stored in this XLS file and will be organized by name.
Now that you have a CSV or XLS file with all your contacts, you should consider the possibility of putting it in a safe place, such as on a backup unit or on a hard disk. So that you will always have a backup copy on hand to be able to restore your contacts if necessary.
Although iCloud works great to keep contacts in sync across all devices, there are times when iCloud can be inactive and may not work properly. Having the spreadsheet file a great way to make sure you have the contacts always online.