some time has passed since the update to Android Nougat on LG G5 was released. I'm sure almost everyone has already updated Android to Nougat on their device. This guide just for you, for those who want to get the Root permissions on LG G5 with Android Nougat is install TWRP recovery on your device, to enjoy all the power and the best personalizations of the G5.
This guide might seem strange considering that in this guide we have already proposed the procedure to obtain root permissions on LG G5 with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. However, I inform you that the process to get root permissions on LG G5 with Android Nougat requires a different approach than previous versions. The old method used to work with Android Marshmallow will absolutely not work with the updated OS version. Using our tutorial you can easily install TWRP Recovery and get root permissions on LG G5 with Android Nougat. So let's see how it's done.
Root and TWRP permissions on LG G6 with Android Nougat
- Skills USB debugging on LG G5 in the Developer options (to do this, go toPhone Info Settings Developer Options).
- Make sure the latest LG USB Drivers are installed
- Make sure the battery is at least 60% charged
- Download the files fastboot for Windows and Mac and extract them to a folder called ADB
- Download TWRP recovery for LG G5 H850 and rename it to “recovery.img”(Copy it to the ADB folder).
- Finally, download SuperSU v2.78 SR3 (.zip) (Copy this file to your device's internal memory).
- Unlock the LG G5 bootloader (Read the guide).
Procedure to install TWRP Recovery
- Connect your LG G5 to the PC via a USB cable.
- Open the ADB folder and hold Shift + Click right button Open the command window here ….
- Then, in the command prompt, type adb reboot bootloader and press the enter key (This command restarts the device in the bootloader).
- Then, in the command prompt, type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (Replace "recovery.img" with the name of the TWRP.img file downloaded previously). This will flasher the TWRP Recovery on your LG G5.
This all! Wait for the process to complete and then disconnect the device from the PC. Now it is possible to restart and use the device normally.
How to get root permissions on LG G5 with Android Nougat
- Turn off the device (press and hold the Power button and select Turn Off).
- Then, start the device in recovery (to do this, hold down the power button + volume down until the LG logo appears.
- Next, release the buttons for a second and then press again.
- Press and hold the buttons until the recovery menu appears.
- Select recovery mode to start TWRP Recovery (use the Volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select).
- Now, touch the button install.
- Go to the directory where the SuperZU file (.zip) was stored.
- Select the file (.zip) and scroll right to flash it.
- Finally, go back to the TWRP main menu and click Reboot System.
There! These were the few steps required to get root permissions on your LG G5 device. If you have problems or have any questions regarding this post, please let us know in the comments section below.