Huawei P10 Lite the younger brother of the latest top of the line Huawei (the P10) from which it takes the lines and the operating system to serve a balanced smartphone both from the point of view of the technical data sheet and in terms of price (much more accessible compared to the older brother). This smartphone also brings with itself non-removable predefined apps, and the only way to eliminate them using root permissions. Discover in this guide how to get Huawei P10 Lite root permissions.
Huawei P10 Lite root permissions
Many of the steps are similar to the view guide already for Huawei P10, obviously changing the files to be used for flashing the device. To get Huawei P10 Lite root permissions, you need to do the following steps first:
- Unlock the bootloader on Huawei P10 lite by official procedure.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P10 lite, a new customized recovery.
- Download the file to activate root permissions
Below you will find all the steps described, so you can get the Huawei P10 Lite root permissions without any problems.
NOTE: backup your data before proceeding. The phone will be formatted after unlocking the bootloader.
Unlock bootloader on Huawei P10 Lite
Install on your PC with Windows 10 ADB and Fastboot, essential tools for the next steps. You can quickly install them on your PC using the following guide.
Enable the menu on your smartphone Developer options (just tap up several times Build Number in Phone info) and among the items available in the new active menu USB debugging is OEM release. For the bootloader unlocking procedure, an IMEI code and serial number are required; you can get this information in many ways:
- On the phone box
- In the menu Settings-> About phone-> Status
- Typing from the numeric keypad * # * # 1357946 # * # *
to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P10 Lite follow the instructions below:
- Reach the Huawei website and register for an account. Sign in directly if you already have an account.
- Reach the section Download and select Unblock Bootloader.
- Fill out the form on the page with all the information (IMEI, ID, serial number etc.).
- Finally click on Commit.
- Now an unlock code will appear, to be noted on the PC or on a sheet of paper.
Once you have the code, connect the smartphone to the PC via USB cable and open the command prompt on your Windows PC (you can find it in the Start menu) and type:
adb reboot bootloader
After a few seconds the device will restart; always type from prompt:
fastboot oem unlock (codice)
Substituting (code) with the code received from the Huawei site for unlocking. Restart the device from the prompt using the command:
Install TWRP recovery on Huawei P10 Lite
The package for obtaining Huawei P10 Lite root permissions can only be loaded if a custom recovery such as TWRP is present. The link to download the specific TWRP for this smartphone can be found below.
DOWNLOAD | TWRP (Europe)
To install it you can follow the steps described in the guide below.
Get Huawei P10 Lite root permissions
Now you can finally get the Huawei P10 Lite root permissions, just follow the steps below:
- Upload the device-specific SuperSU file fromhere
- Move this ZIP file into the phone memory
- Turn off the phone and restart in TWRP recovery (keeping Volume Down + Power buttons pressed together)
- Tap on the menuinstalland choose the ZIP file copied to the phone memory
- Confirm the root installation on the next screen by swiping the swipe
- At the end of the SuperSu installation, restart the phone normally using the buttonReboot system
Now you have obtained the Huawei P10 Lite root permissions, you can have fun trying the apps that only work with active root and uninstall all those superfluous apps on your device.