Surely many of you will already know the PPSSPP application, able to start all PlayStation games on iOS devices. a PlayStation emulator for iPhone and in this guide we will explain how to install PlayStation emulator on iOS 10 without Jailbreak. Read on to learn how.
If you have an Apple device with iOS 10 you will surely be happy to know that you can play all PlayStation games thanks to the PPSSPP emulator.
Unfortunately it is an emulator that you will not find on the App Store, due to the strict policy adopted by Apple on emulators and not only. It will be necessary, therefore, to follow some operations also through the use of the computer and the Cydia Impactor program.
Before starting important, to know right away that to install PPSSPP it is necessary to connect the iPhone to a computer and that using a normal account (not a developer) the emulator will be stored for only 7 days on the device, after which it will be necessary to repeat again the whole installation procedure. Conversely, in the case, instead, we were in possession of a developer account, the emulator will last for a year.
How to install PlayStation emulator on iOS 10 without Jailbreak
Here are the various steps to follow.
- First of all, we download the IPA file of the PPSSPP emulator from this address (you have to scroll through the list until you find it PPSSPP).
- download and install the Cydia Impactor program (available for both Windows and Mac at this address)
- we connect our device to the computer and start Cydia Impactor
- we select our device connected to the computer and drag the emulator file previously downloaded onto it
- at this point we should authenticate with our Apple ID account to install the file on our device
- Once the installation is complete, even before starting PPSSPP on our iPhone, let's go into the settings of iOS 10 and then in General -> Device management
- we accept the profile that will appear twice in a row, so that the certificate used to sign the application and allow its execution is recognized.
- Now you can start PPSSPP and play all PS1 games directly on your iPhone or iPad!
Once the PPSSPP emulator is installed on our iPhone, all that remains is to load the game ROMs. To do this, simply connect our device to your computer and open iTunes. To this point we select the item "App "and then PPSSPP in the left column.
We press the "add" button at the bottom right and load the ROM or ISO file of the PlayStation game.
At this point everything will be ready to be able to install the PlayStation emulator and play the console titles directly on the iPhone!
If you're interested in Nintendo DS titles instead, I suggest you read the guide below.
If you are interested, on the other hand, in the GameBoy titles, I suggest you read the guide below.