LG G4 was LG's flagship smartphone in 2015. When the phone came out, it had running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The path of LG on Android updates for its flagship smartphones was quite good. However, it was not so for LG G4. LG took a long time to release Android 7.1 Nougat for this phone and send it to users. The update to Nougat by LG G4 started recently and its firmware packages are already available on the internet to be installed. In this guide we will see the process for install Android Nougat on LG G4.
Android 7.0 Nougat KDZ files are available for different G4 variants. The update was released for the F500K, F500L and F500S versions. If you're wondering what this package has again, you'll surely be happy to know that this update has everything new. Android 7.0 Nougat for LG G4 brings new security features making the phone less vulnerable to errors. The new update also brings new user interface features introduced especially in the Android Nougat operating system. It also offers an increase in phone performance. Also optimize the phone battery to make it last a little longer.
it is always advisable to have the latest firmware version running on your phone. Running the phone on an updated firmware makes it less susceptible to hackers and viruses. If you have one of the LG G4 variants listed above, you can upgrade it to the Android Nougat firmware without waiting any longer. See the steps below to download and install Android Nougat on LG G4 in versions F500K, F500L and F500S using LG Flashtool.
How to download and install Android Nougat on LG G4
Before flashing the firmware, consider these requirements:
- Make sure your phone is LG G4 in the F500K, F500L or F500S versions. Do not flash the firmware on any other variant of LG G4 or on any other smartphone.
- Save all phone data. During the installation process you can restore the phone to factory settings, so you can reinstall the entire backup.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect the phone to the computer.
- Enable OEM unlock on your phone.
- Enable USB debug mode on your phone.
- Download and install LG USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Disable Windows Firewall or any other antivirus if enabled.
Download Android Nougat for LG G4
- Android Nougat for LG G4 F500KEmail
- Android Nougat for LG G4 F500LEmail
- Android Nougat for LG G4 F500SEmail
Install Android Nougat on LG G4
- Download LG Flashtool for your LG G4: (All versions):
- Now follow this guide on how to install Firmware on LG devices using KDZ Flash Tool:
- Download the KDZ firmware for your LG smartphone and enter it in an accessible directory on your PC. better not to place it on the desktop and leave no spaces in the name (Example: John Paul) because they might sometimes cause "Failed to install firmware".
- Put your LG device in download mode. To do this, turn off the device and connect it to the PC via USB while pressing both device volume keys. Now the device screen should show the Download Mode icon and device drivers should have installed. If the download mode has not been activated, try the same process by simply pressing the Volume Up button instead of both Volume buttons.
- Copy the KDZ file to the same folder as the Tool Flash files. Now, just start the LGFlashtool2014.exe file.
- In LG's FlashTool, set the selection type as CDMA and load the KDZ file by clicking on the folder icon next to the box Select KDZ file.
- Finally, choose the CSE Flash option while installing an updated copy of the spare firmware on your device. In this way all the data of the app are formatted, as well as the internal storage of the device.
- In the next window some data will be displayed. Don't worry about them, just click on Start to start flashing.
- Now, select the region and language and clear the Phone Software Update Log in the following popup window.
- Click the OK button to start flashing.
- You can view the progressive installation of the firmware in the FlashTool window. The process may take a while to complete, so wait until the installation finishes.
- The device automatically restarts once the full firmware flash. The first boot may take some time as the operating system must cache the first boot.
This is the whole procedure for installing Android Nougat on LG G4. The guides proposed above will help you easily update your phone to Android 7.0 Nougat. If something gets stuck, don't hesitate to let us know through the comments below.